Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady Wins

Re: Tom Brady Wins

I don't understand why we aren't rejoicing. This helps our team so much.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

Destroyed evidence in a case where the defendant is considered culpable in the deflating of footballs. There's a guy on the staff named "the deflator" and the judge determines that the penalty was too harsh??? Then in response the penalty for brady goes from 4 games to 0 games?!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The case was about process and its handling of Brady. It wasn't a case about the process in general and even if it were, that's not how labor law works.
    That being said wouldn't that possibly mean that other cases were handled incorrectly in the past and could essentially be challenged by the players that it effected if there's no statue of limitations?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    So, what about the dozens of players who were fined/suspended through this same process in the past? Can't they take the NFL to court for damages? They were injured financially by a process that has since been deemed to be improper. I doubt a statute of limitations was every established for cases such as this.
    Well, it remains to be seen how their appeals were handled and if it was the same as with Brady, but, in most cases, too late for them to appeal.

Remember, this is outside of PED and legal matters. This was an "integrity of the game" matter. Much different scenario. Much different application - those have much more set out processes and written policies. This decision was about the process in this case. Remember, most case do have a Wells' report or the like.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 09-03-2015 at 10:55 AM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I don't think it's BS. I think the NFL - once again - totally mishandled the process (how can league counsel edit the "independent" investigator's report and who thought that was the right thing to do??!?).

My guess is once the ruling it out we'll see that Berman didn't exonerate Brady, but blamed the NFL for its conduct in handling the matter/process.
    Totally agree. The league and Roger Goodell are totally incompetent when it comes to player conduct punishments. They aren't consistent, they aren't objective, and they aren't honest.

I hate Tom Brady, and I certainly believe he knew about the footballs, but the league fumbled and stumbled with this entire situation going all the way back to the regular season Colts/Patriots game.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I'm happy! That suspension in my opinion only hurt us, here is hoping he lights up the Steelers on opening night!

Most years there is only a game or two separating us and Pittsburgh, for them to face the Pats without Brady just irritated me.
    I want the division!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    So, what about the dozens of players who were fined/suspended through this same process in the past? Can't they take the NFL to court for damages? They were injured financially by a process that has since been deemed to be improper. I doubt a statute of limitations was every established for cases such as this.
    I can hear their lawyers salivating already....

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    I don't understand why we aren't rejoicing. This helps our team so much.
    Because outside of New England the large percentage of fans know that franchise has cheated in a multitude of ways and never has to pay a significant penalty that would effect them or deter them from continuing to cheat and skirt the rules.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Totally agree. The league and Roger Goodell are totally incompetent when it comes to player conduct punishments. They aren't consistent, they aren't objective, and they aren't honest.

I hate Tom Brady, and I certainly believe he knew about the footballs, but the league fumbled and stumbled with this entire situation going all the way back to the regular season Colts/Patriots game.
    Yup.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    That being said wouldn't that possibly mean that other cases were handled incorrectly in the past and could essentially be challenged by the players that it effected if there's no statue of limitations?
    I don't know about what could be done about prior rulings, but going back BountyGate, the league has been WAY over heavyhanded, over the top, completely impartial, inconsistent and completely at the whim of public opinion.

How many times does that bozo Goodell and the league office have to have their asses handed to them in court?

Only the NFL can collectively bargain their way to VAST freedoms to essentially do as they please when it comes to player conduct and fuck it up so much that essentially every significant ruling they have made that has gone to court (where judges typically like to stay out of collectively bargained issues) had the judge overturn and lecture the NFL on how they continue to fuck up.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Meh, whatever

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Because outside of New England the large percentage of fans know that franchise has cheated in a multitude of ways and never has to pay a significant penalty that would effect them or deter them from continuing to cheat and skirt the rules.
    The rules don't apply to the Patriots. I would want the Ravens and every other team to "stretch the rules" to gain whatever competitive advantage they can. Hell, go ahead and flat out cheat. Then take it to court if you are caught. The Patriots have taken this approach to four SB titles.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare