Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady Wins

Re: Tom Brady Wins

The good news is he will play against Pitts next week.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Very surprised. But this ain't over. League is going to appeal this one.
    Would not be surprised if a higer court reverses the decision but either way this is a crushing defeat for the NFL. If I am Greg Hardy's agent I am immediately applying for an injunction and appealing as well. This could get very ugly before it is over.

I don't think it's BS. I think the NFL - once again - totally mishandled the process (how can league counsel edit the "independent" investigator's report and who thought that was the right thing to do??!?).

My guess is once the ruling it out we'll see that Berman didn't exonerate Brady, but blamed the NFL for its conduct in handling the matter/process.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    Would not be surprised if a higer court reverses the decision but either way this is a crushing defeat for the NFL. If I am Greg Hardy's agent I am immediately applying for an injunction and appealing as well. This could get very ugly before it is over.
    Hardy's case isn't fungible to this one.

And if they win on appeal, it's not crushing at all. It's a set back. It may be crushing in a PR sense I suppose

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    If I am any player being disciplined for anything, I am taking it to court. Judge Berman just set a precedent that nullifies not only the NFL's CBA, but could have an impact on other CBA agreements between other unions and employers.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I don't think it's BS. I think the NFL - once again - totally mishandled the process (how can league counsel edit the "independent" investigator's report and who thought that was the right thing to do??!?).

My guess is once the ruling it out we'll see that Berman didn't exonerate Brady, but blamed the NFL for its conduct in handling the matter/process.
    That's exactly how I see it. The NFL has been playing with fire having Goodell involved the way has been in this process. It was only a matter of time before this happened

Blog Entries

I wonder what Sean Peyton, Jonathan Vilma and Greg Robinson thinks about this? The other 31 owners? This is going to be good!

Blog Entries

Why should any player accept any suspension handed down by the NFL now? Every one should be taken to court. The CBA doesn't exist in the NFL anymore.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If I am any player being disciplined for anything, I am taking it to court. Judge Berman just set a precedent that nullifies not only the NFL's CBA, but could have an impact on other CBA agreements between other unions and employers.
    Nothing of the sort happened or will happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Why should any player accept any suspension handed down by the NFL now? Every one should be taken to court. The CBA doesn't exist in the NFL anymore.
    I agree. If I were a player, I wouldn't.

Blog Entries

I don't like seeing Brady get off, but I like the fact that the NFL and Goodell has been absolutely embarrassed. And I like that the Steelers now have to play Brady.

The NFL and Goodell are such a joke anymore.

Blog Entries

ridiculous. on what grounds did the judge give?
    -JAB