Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let's get Art Modell in the Hall Of Fame

Hey guys,

Let's put the pressure on the Hall Of Fame selection committee. Please let's all put a strong campaign to get Art Modell in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame. Al Davis moved his team twice for no real reason and he's in the Hall Of Fame. I will be posting the names of all selection commitee members on my site by next week Show them what power Baltimore fans have.

sportststeve.com

Art should be in the Hall Of Fame and time is running out for him to be alive when he is selected. Please fly signs about getting Art in the Hall Of Fame at your tailgates let's get thier attention.

We wouldn't have this board or a team if Art didn't come her.
    I have real faith in all of you that we can do this.

Sports Steve
    Last edited by Sports Steve; 09-08-2008 at 11:00 AM.

Re: Let's get Art Modell in the Hall Of Fame

Sports Steve I'm behind you all the way. You're right we have to put pressure on them as they are just sitting back and doing nothing.

I like you idea about have signs up at our tailgates. Think how cool that would look to see hundreds of signs up each game.

Sports Steve you should be in the Hall of Fame also. You're a big Ravens fan who does a lot to promote out team.

Love your M&T Bank billboards. Real Cool
    Last edited by ravens138; 10-25-2007 at 05:36 PM.

As much as I agree that Modell should be there I can't see it happening as long as elections are still controlled by media types. It isn't just Tony Grossi, there are a number of them who have stated they would never vote for him. Truth be told, the league probably would dread his induction as well. Can you imagine what those ceremonies would degenerate into? It wouldn't be safe for him to show up that's for sure.

I've been known to fly a sign or two in the old stadium on Sundays...I will definitely fly one at the Steeler's game in December (my next home game).

Hell, maybe I'll even fly one in San Diego and Seattle too!

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    I've been known to fly a sign or two in the old stadium on Sundays...I will definitely fly one at the Steeler's game in December (my next home game).

Hell, maybe I'll even fly one in San Diego and Seattle too!

Should be mandatory for all fans going to away games. Hang a sign with pride!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Sorry but I can't support Modell in the HOF. It's pretty hypocritical to piss on Irsays grave and then want to enshrine Art Modell.

I'm thankful for the Ravens, but i'm not crazy with how we got them. I'm glad the NFL returned a team to Cleveland. In a perfect world the jax jaguars would be the Baltimore Ravens. Baltimore is my home town. I love football. The Ravens play here. Is their any doubt as to why it was impossible not to support the team? I've just never been crazy about supporting the owner.

Two things.

One, in my opinion, Art deserves it. Partly for being one of the prominent owners in making the league what it is today, creation of MNF, bringing the NFL to tv, etc., and partly for raising awareness of substance abuse care needs of the NFL players. He set up some sort of organization, can't remember the names, to give the team members who needed it some support while coping with addiction. If I remember correctly. . .

Anyway for what he's done for the league he deserves it.

The other thing is, someone on NST, I think it was Drew, talked about this awhile back. Might have been as much as five or six months ago even. He said he'd spoken with at least one HOF voter, not associated with Cleveland, who said Art is not getting in. Not because of the move to Baltimore, just because, not every old owner gets in, and Art just doesn't deserve it.

That was just the opinion of one voter, but it *may be* that there's more then the move to Baltimore keeping him out.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

ESPN once featured a "Five reasons you can't blame Art Modell".

This should be mandatory viewing for all Ravens Message Board posters.

Case in point...leaky plumbing above his executive office.

How can the 'average joe fan' help influence Modell's enshrinement.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Sorry but I can't support Modell in the HOF. It's pretty hypocritical to piss on Irsays grave and then want to enshrine Art Modell.

I'm thankful for the Ravens, but i'm not crazy with how we got them. I'm glad the NFL returned a team to Cleveland. In a perfect world the jax jaguars would be the Baltimore Ravens. Baltimore is my home town. I love football. The Ravens play here. Is their any doubt as to why it was impossible not to support the team? I've just never been crazy about supporting the owner.
    Well Cleveland built a New stadium for the Indians, New arena for the Cavilers and a Rock N Roll hall of fame and shit on Art. Oh one important thing he didn't pull out in the middle of the night. Baltimore played the game but never got a team. Another thing Art gave Cleveland their Colors and History back. The man has been a pioneer on the NFL. He should be there and it's a crime he's not already there.

I'm sure if Purpleguy's girlfriend had shit on him the way Cleveland did Art Modell, he'd move on to some other babe a lot sooner than it took Art to leave town.

I'm all for Modell being in the Hall of Fame, but you can't really pressure that committee. They vote behind closed doors and don't even have to tell anyone who they voted for or against, or why. It's ridiculously secretive.

[QUOTE=Purpleguy;53942]Sorry but I can't support Modell in the HOF. It's pretty hypocritical to piss on Irsays grave and then want to enshrine Art Modell.[QUOTE]

Please...what the hell did Irsay ever do for the NFL? or for Baltimore? Educate yourself on what Modell has done to help make the league what it is today. Read up on what Modell did for the Cleveland community all those years. Do those things before spouting off uninformed.

And from everything I've read, it definitely is Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain Dealer who is instrumental in squashing the Modell enshrinement. Every time.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012