Why don't Brady and the NFL just go get copies of his calls and texts??

I don't understand why Tom Brady and the NFL just don't agree to go get copies of his calls and texts and put a end to all of this crap. Everybody knows who (agency) has these and where to get these copies. Just watch what they are doing to Hillary. They could have this whole mess cleaned up in 10 minutes. Now if Brady refuses to do this then that is saying he is guilty. What do you think??

MODS, I know there is another thread started but this is a easy solution that has not been talked about yet.

Why don't Brady and the NFL just go get copies of his calls and texts??

Quote Originally Posted by Section 120 View View Post
    I don't understand why Tom Brady and the NFL just don't agree to go get copies of his calls and texts and put a end to all of this crap. Everybody knows who (agency) has these and where to get these copies. Just watch what they are doing to Hillary. They could have this whole mess cleaned up in 10 minutes. Now if Brady refuses to do this then that is saying he is guilty. What do you think??

MODS, I know there is another thread started but this is a easy solution that has not been talked about yet.
    Are you suggesting a government intelligence agency intervene in a dumb football dispute? Really?

And yes, the reasons why the texts haven't been released have already been brought up in the other thread (which is appropriately placed).

Re: Why don't Brady and the NFL just go get copies of his calls and texts??

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    the reasons why the texts haven't been released have already been brought up in the other thread
    Can someone summarize the reasons? I haven't waded thru that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Can someone summarize the reasons? I haven't waded thru that thread.
    ????

Brady destroyed his phone and he's not voluntarily releasing any data his carrier may have (if they have any at all). Thought that was well known.

It's not that simple. Bottom line, and slightly oversimplifying, is that (1) most texts are probably no longer available for various reasons (for example, carriers - both for sender and recipient- have different retention policies, some don't keep them at all and most don't keep them more than 90 days), and (2) the only way to retrieve messages still technologically available from a recipient is to get the recipients (or their carriers) to produce them, which they cannot legally be required to do without a court order, and such an order is probably not available (i.e., there has to be some alleged violation of law the court is hearing, but the judge hearing this appeal is not hearing a case involving such an alleged violation).

http://www.mediaite.com/online/could...f-they-wanted/

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/tom...ry?id=32754569

The Hillary situation is entirely different, both technologically and legally - hers were emails, not texts, that were stored on her server, probably in (at least) technical violation of laws regarding required treatment of confidential information.
    Last edited by bst3975; 08-19-2015 at 10:38 AM.