Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Who Is Getting a Raw Deal?

Think about coaches and/or players who you feel have got a raw deal this year (INJURIES EXCLUDED), whether it be a situation or personnel.

For example, I believe Mike Glennon is getting hosed. The young man shows up with a noticeable rookie season. Was he allowed to build off of the momentum from the end of the 2013 season? NO. Why? Because Lovie Smith is about as good at handling Quarterbacks as Houston Raven is at trusting the Sword. Smith overthinks the situation and brings in 'his own' guy, who doesn't come packaged with Marc Trestman or Chicago's receiving duo. It is hard not to expect Glennon's confidence to be damaged by this and by the time he got on the field, the offensive line was a wreck and the season was already in the crapper. THEN, they draft Jameis Winston and name him the starter before training camp barely starts. Yet, for some reason, he can't even get a trade out of town and has to play good soldier until he does get a chance.

Meanwhile, in another universe, Buffalo is having a QB battle between Matt Cassel, Tyrod Taylor and EJ Manuel. The Jets were prepared to start Geno Smith again. Cleveland basically waited for Johnny Manziel to get out of rehab and have that same Josh McCown holding the starting spot until Manziel is ready. Chip Kelly is trading for Sam Bradford and St. Louis is trading for Nick Foles.

Have teams not seen this young man play? No, he is not the most mobile QB in the world, but if you put an offensive line in front of this guy, he can make every throw on the field and if Joe Flacco can get hot and lead the Ravens to a Super Bowl Title, Glennon can lead a team to the playoffs. I mean, I've defended Alex Smith for years, but the man just went an entire season without throwing a TD pass to a WR. Yet, Mike Glennon is stuck in Tampa.

Smh.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 08-17-2015 at 05:35 PM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Who Is Getting a Raw Deal?

I think that LeSean McCoy is getting hosed. He's going to play in Buffalo with a coach who has zero knowledge of how to use a player like him.

Also Wilson and Cam. Their franchises call them the guy, but continue to neglect the offensive line.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

I hate to say it, because I don't want to give any more attention to the situation, but I think RG3 has received a raw deal the past two years.

He set a pretty darn high bar as a rookie (102.4 passer rating, 20TD/5INT, league leading 1.3% INT ratio, 815 rushing yards, 7 td) that I think fans and the media has been far too harsh on him that he hasn't been able to replicate that success. You can make a very valid argument that Griffin's 2012-13 season was the best ever by a rookie QB, and perhaps the best ever by any rookie at any position. Two seasons later, he's finding himself needing to turn in a big year to even keep people's confidence that he's a starting caliber QB.

IMO, and maybe I'll get grilled for this, but given the weapons their respective disposals, I still would prefer RG3 over Andy Dalton, who is in zero danger of losing his job anytime soon.

It really makes you wonder: a coach also acting as GM puts his job on the line sacrificing three future drafts for one QB. From that moment on he is tied to the success of said QB. The first-year returns exceed expectations. What happened afterwards? I know the injury played its part, but how do you go so low so quickly? Benched after 10 games his 2nd year?

Could you be so stupid as a person (I'm referring to RG3) to totally disregard the advice of the man that sold the future to bring you aboard and helped you be a star the first-time round? Or could you be so arrogant to think that you can fully change the system in which said QB plays in one off-season (with RG3 mostly not practicing) and achieve the same results?

This situation will be a great lesson for the future, once (if) the persons involved will share everything.

Blog Entries

Are we even sure the move was Shanahan's idea and not Snyder's? I ask, because the move to get Griffin was unlike Shanahan, who will take a top prospect if he falls to him, but usually prefers to make chicken salad out of chicken shit as they say.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I def agree that Cam Newton has gotten a raw deal in Carolina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I feel bad for Bobby Hoyer. won games in Cleveland and got shown the door. not sure where he is but am sure he'll land on his feet.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    I feel bad for Bobby Hoyer. won games in Cleveland and got shown the door. not sure where he is but am sure he'll land on his feet.
    Brian Hoyer? Texans. I feel like his poor end to last season did him no favors

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Brian Hoyer? Texans. I feel like his poor end to last season did him no favors
    Sadness Factory wore him down. I get the impression that certain high-ups on the team wanted to push him out and set him up for failure.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Are we even sure the move was Shanahan's idea and not Snyder's? I ask, because the move to get Griffin was unlike Shanahan, who will take a top prospect if he falls to him, but usually prefers to make chicken salad out of chicken shit as they say.
    Anyone who says that Snyder did not make that franchise killing trade to get RG3 is using hallucinogens.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

The trade being Snyder's idea does not change the position Shanahan found himself in. You have a QB with a unique skill-set, you build a system around him that makes the team successful the first year. Why change anything? From my point of view they tried to change how they played with terrible results. Why change things?

Maybe Shanahan had its pay guaranteed even if he got fired and just decided he had enough :-).

Quote Originally Posted by ciuby View Post
    The trade being Snyder's idea does not change the position Shanahan found himself in. You have a QB with a unique skill-set, you build a system around him that makes the team successful the first year. Why change anything? From my point of view they tried to change how they played with terrible results. Why change things?

Maybe Shanahan had its pay guaranteed even if he got fired and just decided he had enough :-).
    I think RG3's main problems have to do with a cognitive dissociation from reality...

I mean, come on. Anybody who weighs 215 lbs and willingly decides of their own volition that it's okay to run full speed into a charging Haloti Ngata (which from what I can tell was the start of his knee problems) just isn't living in the same reality I am....

His recent quotes about his relative stature in the pantheon of current quarterbacks lends more evidence to the dissociation.