Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Season Ticket Pre Season Games same face value as Steelers Prime Time HUH?

Other NFL teams have tiered their ticket face value ie; Pre-Season and crap games with no draw lowest tier, Normal games mid tier, Marquee games highest tier with the overall cost to the PSL owner unchanged. Why won't the Ravens do that?

No one wants to pay a PSL owners cost $100.00 per ticket in my case to watch a series with the starters. The team puts the PSL Owners in a jam because we know the value isn't the same between preseason game 1 and Steelers Prime time night...yet still they are marked the same on the tickets.

First world problem...Half the teams in the NFL have figured out:

Now, the Associated Press reports, half of all NFL teams are using variable pricing, to make the more important games more expensive. That makes business sense, as teams can make more money off bigger games by charging more for those tickets, and can ensure sellouts to lesser games by charging less for those tickets.

“Variable/dynamic pricing allows our organization to set single game prices that more closely reflect market value,” Chargers CEO A.G. Spanos told the AP.

The Seahawks, 49ers, Cardinals, Rams, Falcons, Lions, Vikings, Bills, Jets, Patriots, Dolphins, Chiefs, Chargers, Browns and Steelers are all using variable pricing for single-game seats, and the Cowboys are using variable pricing for their standing-room “party passes.”

The reality is that so many tickets are bought and sold on the secondary market that there’s long been variable pricing unofficially, even if the face value of all tickets was the same. By introducing variable pricing, NFL teams are really just responding to that market.
    Last edited by MikeinGlennDale; 08-14-2015 at 02:16 PM.

Re: Season Ticket Pre Season Games same face value as Steelers Prime Time HUH?

This seems to me as "phantom" savings for PSL owners. The less popular games and preseason games are marked down, but the marquee games are marked up. So you are still paying the same amount with only an illusion of savings. Just my 2 cents.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    This seems to me as "phantom" savings for PSL owners. The less popular games and preseason games are marked down, but the marquee games are marked up. So you are still paying the same amount with only an illusion of savings. Just my 2 cents.
    Yup, pretty much.
    I read somewhere I believe last year the ravens were looking into doing this as well.

As has been discussed before, I just assume they leave it as is.

I tend to donate my preseason tickets to Fred for the Special OLympics and use that donation as a tax write off. I'd prefer to gain the highest dollar amount I can get for thopse tickets for that write off.
    As far as I'm concerned they can make the face value of the preseason tickets the highest dollar amount of the whole season ticket package.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Season Ticket Pre Season Games same face value as Steelers Prime Time HUH?

Agreed. I always sold one of the two games on the secondary market and recouped that money back. The other game I would give to Fred and write it off come tax time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Yup, pretty much.
    I read somewhere I believe last year the ravens were looking into doing this as well.

As has been discussed before, I just assume they leave it as is.

I tend to donate my preseason tickets to Fred for the Special OLympics and use that donation as a tax write off. I'd prefer to gain the highest dollar amount I can get for thopse tickets for that write off.
    As far as I'm concerned they can make the face value of the preseason tickets the highest dollar amount of the whole season ticket package.

Great way to use the tickets and financially smart!

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed. I always sold one of the two games on the secondary market and recouped that money back. The other game I would give to Fred and write it off come tax time.
    Good stuff. I dream is to one day be a PSL owner...if I ever live in the states again. lol

Great way to use the tickets and financially smart!
    Thanks Dade.
    It is a great way to contribuite to a worthy cause and Fred I know puts them to good use.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

It would be no savings for the PSL holder in terms of price paid to the team.

However, since many in the general public want to start with the face value of the seat, it helps the PSL holder with the secondary market sales he makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post

However, since many in the general public want to start with the face value of the seat, it helps the PSL holder with the secondary market sales he makes.
    Makes sense.

The way I look at it, this should save me money: I really dislike late season night games, so I wind up selling tix to those games if not already given away. If we had value pricing this season, those two December night games would be top tier, with a $100 standard tickets selling for perhaps $150, or $600 for the pair for both games. Sold at face value! If the two exhibitions were correspondingly cut to $50, I would have made $600 and only been stuck with a $200 loss for the pair of tickets to both exhibitions.

Even if I didn't make back a nickel, I would feel better about not getting so ripped off.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I don't think the face value plays a part in the secondary value beyond comparing competing tickets for the same game. People will pay what they have to in order to go to a certain game but they will pay more for a better seat which the face value will indicate.

I have bought preseason tickets for my kids to go and gotten them for $10 and did not care where they were, we sat together in any case. Last night I sat in seats that cost more than twice my tickets.

Keep the preseason tickets at the same cost as other games, the write off is better.

It would be no savings for the PSL holder in terms of price paid to the team. However, since many in the general public want to start with the face value of the seat, it helps the PSL holder with the secondary market sales he makes.
    I have club seats and they don't print the price on the ticket. Do they print others?