Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sal's big Oops

Sal's big Oops

As we all know there was a story that floated this weekend that gave New England media more ammo to support Cry Brady and let them take shots at the Ravens:

http://russellstreetreport.com/2015/...be-you-should/

This morning on 105.7 The Fan, Sal was interviewed and basically said that he should not have said anything about the owners of the Ravens and Indy. His interview that prompted the story was played and he then did a Moon-walk to disavow any information that what was reported was true. Although there were some reports that added to what he alleged, he pretty much admitted that he should not have said anything about the idea that any owners (and especially the two he named) are pressuring the Commissioner to uphold the suspension.

So the four-letter network is at it again.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

Re: Sal's big Oops

Did he say it was inaccurate or just that he shouldn't have leaked it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Sal Paolantonio should follow Britt McHenry, Bill Simmons, Keith Olbermann, Tony Kornheiser, and a score more of ESPN pseudo-journalists, by being booted by ESPN out the door for a time-out. Since this would be Sal's first offense, the suspension should be limited to only a couple of years.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Goodell must get calls from every owner at some point each year. There are tons of issues going on and each owner is going to make sure that the Commissioner who works for them knows where they stand. I don't even understand why this is a story.

This is a better outline of how it has developed recently :

http://russellstreetreport.com/2015/...o-deflategate/

The reason it is a story is merely because of careless rambling by somebody who tries to hold himself out as having inside information. Putting it out there and then trying to back-track does not avoid the mess that was created. Oh, that is right we are talking about ESPN.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

For some reason this whole subject line of "we ratted out the Patriots to the Irsays" really bothers me. I don't know what upsets me more, the fact that we supposedly whined about NE's penchant for cheating to another team, (aren't we bigger than that?), or the fact we actually tried to help those rat-bastards the Colts.

I have not seen one credible piece of evidence that is the case, if there is anything out there that is real, I would love to see it.

But I still feel like giving Sal a pass on this one. Sal is one of the few ESPN reporters I enjoy. I think he always gave the Ravens and Joe in particular a fair shake. He's entitled to one mistake.

Meh. He made the report, screwed it up and owned up to it.

That's far more than what KVV did after his report was completely debunked.

Given his reputation, I give him a pass. He most likely got fed something from a source that's been reliable in the pat and got burned. Happens to all reporters.

For me its more plausible that someone in NE division lobbied against the reduction........we could see them in the playoffs either way.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Sal is one of the few on ESPN I don't mind...giving him a pass here

Blog Entries

Is there a transcript contrary to the one posted in the PFT article? It was clear in that article that he only said certain owners like Irsay and Bisciotti "would be angry" if the suspension was reduced. The transcript itself doesn't show him saying anything about any of them actually contacting Goodell.

Does he actually say they contacted Goodell anywhere, or is his "backtrack" an accurate rendition of what he really said?

Another reason to hate the "Worldwide Leader."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Meh. He made the report, screwed it up and owned up to it.

That's far more than what KVV did after his report was completely debunked.

Given his reputation, I give him a pass. He most likely got fed something from a source that's been reliable in the pat and got burned. Happens to all reporters.
    That's an excellent point. We really experienced true yellow journalism in the KVV article. This just isn't that bad.