Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Sporting News Top Coaches of 2015

I enjoy David Steele since his Sun days but he's off the mark here IMO ....

http://mobile.sportingnews.com/artic...arthy-harbaugh

Putting Pete above Harbs is a bit of a slight. The rest of his list seems sound though.

Blog Entries

Re: The Sporting News Top Coaches of 2015

Pete's gotten his team in back to back Super Bowls. I can't really argue against that. These things always reflect what's been accomplished recently which is why Mike Tomlin keeps falling every year.

I do love how far Jeff Fisher has fallen on all these lists. That guy was considered a top 5 coach for years despite a lot of up and down records. Now he's in the bottom half which is more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Pete's gotten his team in back to back Super Bowls. I can't really argue against that. These things always reflect what's been accomplished recently which is why Mike Tomlin keeps falling every year.

I do love how far Jeff Fisher has fallen on all these lists. That guy was considered a top 5 coach for years despite a lot of up and down records. Now he's in the bottom half which is more appropriate.
    It would be even more appropriate if Fisher was canned.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I never got how Fisher was still coaching and Billick was not. Fisher had some great Titan teams and couldn't close the deal once. Billick did it with an unbalanced team and never had a high quality QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I never got how Fisher was still coaching and Billick was not. Fisher had some great Titan teams and couldn't close the deal once. Billick did it with an unbalanced team and never had a high quality QB.
    Billick not coaching has to do more with his current cushy job than a lack of opportunities.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    How Fisher still has a coaching job is beyond me. The last time a team he's coached had a winning record was 2008. Which of course was when the Ravens eliminated the Titans on their way to the AFC Championship.

Blog Entries

I think that's pre3tty respectable actually.

Pete Carroll has been to the SB twice, in back-to-back seasons. That isn't easy at all and the NFC West isn't a cakewalk division either.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I ALWAYS said Fisher was over rated.There were people here that were advocating for the Ravens to hire him. I am very glad he wasn't considered.

The Sporting News Top Coaches of 2015

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think that's pre3tty respectable actually.

Pete Carroll has been to the SB twice, in back-to-back seasons. That isn't easy at all and the NFC West isn't a cakewalk division either.
    Sure. I can see that.

If this were a career list though, Harbs pwns Carroll IMO, putting him solidly at the #2 spot.

Blog Entries

I know it's douchey but I refuse to 'start the slideshow'. If they want me to view a list, put it on the page instead of requiring multiple clicks. rant over

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I know it's douchey but I refuse to 'start the slideshow'. If they want me to view a list, put it on the page instead of requiring multiple clicks. rant over
    Nothing douchey there. Slideshows are a nuisance.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    http://deslide.clusterfake.net/

This didn't work for the posted link but otherwise is godsend for the annoying slides.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk