Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Randy Moss, Good Guy

We hear a lot in the media about trouble players/ex-players run into during the off-season; we also hear a lot about the way they conduct themselves. There has also been much criticism (some justified) towards Randy Moss and the way he has handled himself off the field, but this is just a great story. Good for him to support a fan over so many years as she battled through many negative things in her young life. Not many celebrities/stars are going to show up at a high school graduation that doesn't involve a relative.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/375122...ids-graduation

Re: Randy Moss, Good Guy

This is very cool. And we don't hear much from Randy these days. I don't know if he ever had it in him, but he would make a wild color analyst for one of the networks. Not going to happen, I suppose.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the link. Awesome story. Proves a lot of what is wrong with this world. 24/7 coverage of Ray Rice and a true act of kindness like this goes completely unnoticed.

About a month ago Dwayne Bowe traveled to Kansas City to attend the funeral of a fan that he liked.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    About a month ago Dwayne Bowe traveled to Kansas City to attend the funeral of a fan that he liked.
    Stuff like this along with the Moss story the OP mentioned just dont make news. The media doesnt care if it isnt shocking or gonna get them a prime spot. Hence my distaste and general hatred towards any sort of journalism.

Im not going to admit being in a area that happened to have Geraldo, If anyone remembers him what a scumbag, and telling someone to push him away from the protective detail and let him get shot so maybe he could comment about what war was really like and not his BS lies he spread. Really hated that guy and his insistence and camera lights put many of my friends in danger so he could get his fucking story. Hes lucky I was at base and not on that patrol. Pos.

But anyways you gotta take ANYTHING that comes out of the,media with a grain of salt. Its 50%true at best.

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    This is very cool. And we don't hear much from Randy these days. I don't know if he ever had it in him, but he would make a wild color analyst for one of the networks. Not going to happen, I suppose.
    Love the story. Good for randy. I don't think he is color analyst material. Not the best speaker in the world.

I've always liked Randy Moss. He never got in trouble, was the second greatest receiver to ever play the game, and played with a chip on his shoulder.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
    Love the story. Good for randy. I don't think he is color analyst material. Not the best speaker in the world.
    He did a great job on Fox doing analysis when he was there. Don't recall if he ever actually did in-game color commentary, but his studio work was quality, right off the bat. He's got a very quick mind and knows the game inside and out. Definitely not one of those gifted jock types who played without understanding the game. It's pretty obvious listening to him that he's studied a ton of tape during his lifetime.

Blog Entries

The truth is that Randy Moss has been doing things like this his entire career. However, he likely understands that the true importance in good deeds is not to advertise it all over the media to keep the heat off of you for other things, like just about every sports organization we know does.

Not once did you hear Moss try to use good deeds and connections such as this as a shield against his critics. That's genuine.

And while we're talking about Moss, the REAL Greatest WR of ALL TIME, who caught crap his entire career for this misconception of not having the work ethic that Jerry Rice had, you know, my childhood idle who finally admitted to using stickum the lying bastard. Yes, Moss has had some attitude problems in his time, but he was basically made out to be a devil because he wasn't endearing to the media.

"I play when I wanna play", was a response to a question he was asked about Chris Carter and whether or not the presence of such a football great makes him play harder or raise his game to another level. Moss' response was that he play when he wants to play, that he doesn't need outside motivation and he naturally gets up to play everyday. Basically, that his game is automatically at the highest level.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    He did a great job on Fox doing analysis when he was there. Don't recall if he ever actually did in-game color commentary, but his studio work was quality, right off the bat. He's got a very quick mind and knows the game inside and out. Definitely not one of those gifted jock types who played without understanding the game. It's pretty obvious listening to him that he's studied a ton of tape during his lifetime.
    Hmm. Not the guy I've seen in various interviews. Preparation maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I've always liked Randy Moss. He never got in trouble, was the second greatest receiver to ever play the game, and played with a chip on his shoulder.
    Well, except for that time he was trying to run over that meter maid for having the audacity to give "THE" Randy Moss a ticket, but who hasn't done that? :/

And there was the Orgy cruise...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Well, except for that time he was trying to run over that meter maid for having the audacity to give "THE" Randy Moss a ticket, but who hasn't done that? :/

And there was the Orgy cruise...
    Everybody does dumb things when they are young. I give Randy a pass compared with some of the egregious things other NFL players have done, including our own Ray Lewis who obstructed justice in a double homicide. If we can get past that especially considering all the good Ray does, I'm not sure we can't get past Randy's minor indiscretions.