Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 141516
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: For all you wrestling fans.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Just heard that Rowdy Roddy Piper passed away today at age 61 :( RIP Hot Rod!!
    Just terrible news. Hot Rod! I can't believe it. Rowdy Roddy Piper was such an incredible talent. He might be the best mic man of all time. Smashing that coconut into Snuka's face got insane heat. He was this 230 pound guy with kind of a normal body who you completely believed could take anyone. Very very sad news.

One of the true Giants age of wrestling. He was just here a few weeks ago with MCW. Wish I had gone to see him one last time.

Blog Entries

Possibly the worst ending in the history of pro wrestling last night for the Lesnar/Taker match. It literally made no sense in kayfabe, non kayfabe, however you look at it. I'm talking late in their life WCW level bad. Russo at his worst level bad. It rivals the infamous end to Sting/Hogan and Goldberg getting zapped with a taser to end his undefeated streak. I mean, it was just bad. So bad.

I knew going in it wasn't going to have a clean finish, but what I got was far worse than I could have imagined. I can't believe people of power within the company actually thought the finish was a good idea, especially in front of an arena full of smarks.

I'm also salty over the fact that Deadman Taker, for the first time in 25+ years, tapped.

Blog Entries

So Sting is going to wrestle for, and very likely win, the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, in 2015.

I marked the hell out for the Dudleyz return.

Blog Entries

Lesnar made Undertaker tap?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Lesnar made Undertaker tap?
    Yes, it was a clusterfuck of an ending as I mentioned but it was very clearly a tap.

The ending went like this, Lesnar had Taker in the kimura, Taker tapped out but out of the ref's vision, the timekeeper rang the bell because he saw it (lol). Ref didn't know why the bell was rung and in the confusion Taker hit Lesnar with a low blow, put him in the Hell's Gate or whatever it's called, and Lesnar passed out after flipping Taker the bird, giving Taker the win.

In spite of all that, the actual match was quite good, way better than the WM one. Put to rest the idea that Taker can't still have a good match. Just a stupid ending that sets up a totally unnecessary 3rd match I assume at Survivor Series which Lesnar is probably going to win.

Blog Entries

I could have sworn Angle made Taker tap once when the ref wasn't looking, once upon a time.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I could have sworn Angle made Taker tap once when the ref wasn't looking, once upon a time.
    He did, yes, but that was Biker Taker. The persona was a little different compared to Deadman Taker. At least, I look at them differently. So technically no, not the first time the Undertaker character has tapped out but just this version of the character.

Jimmy Snuka to be charged with the murder of his girlfriend. SMH

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Jimmy Snuka to be charged with the murder of his girlfriend. SMH
    My lord jesus...........smgdh.....................

Blog Entries

Resurrecting this as we're on the road to WrestleMania and football season is over. In case you haven't been paying attention, Triple H is WWE Champion, likely going to face Roman at WM unless WWE pulls a last minute switcheroo and makes it a triple threat with Ambrose. Roman is still not over, and in either situation will be heavily booed.

Other safe bets:
    Brock vs. Bray Wyatt (or Braun, or perhaps the entire family because fuck it, none of them are believably beating Brock alone)
    Rock/Usos vs. New Day (I've heard Rock isn't going to wrestle so it may just be something where he's in their corner)
    Sasha vs. Becky vs. Charlotte
    AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho (at WM, which means they'll be given time, should be phenomenal, no pun intended)

No clue what direction they are going with Undertaker. It was probably going to be Cena this year, but Cena is hurt. No other obvious candidates. The rest of the card right now is pretty up in the air. I'm sure this isn't how WWE envisioned the build up to the event they want to be the biggest WM ever going, but they've got so many guys hurt right now.