My 2014 Mock Draft vs. Ozzie's Draft

Not like you need to know who drafted better, but here it is.

Round 1:
    My Pick: Justin Gilbert
    Actual Pick: C.J. Mosley
    Gilbert would go 8th overall to the Browns and by the end of the year he was on the bench for showing up late to practice. Mosley would get two defensive rookie of the month awards, a Pro Bowl vote, a 2nd team All-Pro selection, and end up second overall in Defensive Rookie of The Year voting. Obviously Ozzie wins here.

Round 2:
    My Pick: Jack Mewhort
    Actual Pick: Timmy Jernigan
    Mewhort would get selected by the Colts in the second round. He turned out to be a pretty good guard for the Colts, who could use some quality offensive linemen. Jernigan really broke out during Haloti's suspension and during the playoffs and should continue to do so in 2015 when he is an actual starter.
    I'd say Ozzie wins here, because I had Mewhort at OT, when the Ravens had every intention of starting Wagner there. So I would have drafted a benchwarmer

Round 3:
    My Pick: Jarvis Landry
    Actual Pick: Terrence Brooks
    Jarvis Landry was drafted in the second round by the Miami Dolphins. He was a solid return man for the Dolphins and he was pretty good for them on offense too. Brooks would have his ups and downs before going on IR in Week 15.
    I win this round right now.

Round 3 :
    My Pick: C.J. Fiedorowicz
    Actual Pick: Crockett Gillmore
    Fiedorowicz was taken with the 1st pick in the 3rd round by the Houston Texans. He caught 4 passes for 28 yards and 1 TD, while Gillmore caught 10 passes for 121 yards and 1 TD, and caught two more passes for 30 yards and 1 TD in the playoffs. Not to mention Gillmore should have his role increase in 2015.
    Ozzie wins here.

Round 4:
    My Pick: Jordan Zumwalt
    Actual Pick: Brent Urban
    Zumwalt ended up going in the sixth round to Pittsburgh. Both of these two went on IR.
    Ozzie wins here because I would've reached for a sixth rounder, and I have much higher expectations for Urban in 2015 than I do for Zumwalt.

Round 4:
    My Pick: Antone Exum
    Actual Pick: Lorenzo Taliaferro
    Exum would get drafted 182nd overall by the Vikings. He had six tackles that season. Taliaferro was on pace for some decent numbers as Forsetts' back-up before going on IR in Week 15.
    Ozzie wins here, because I'm not sure how much Exum would've helped last year, while Taliaferro was a solid back-up.

Round 5:
    My Pick: Tyler Gaffney
    Actual Pick: John Urschel
    Gaffney tore his ACL in camp and was then poached by the Patriots because the Panthers didn't know about injury waivers. Urschel was an admirable fill-in when called into action.
    Ozzie wins here.

Round 6:
    My Pick: George Uko
    Actual Pick: Keith Wenning
    Uko went undrafted and did nothing on the Buccaneers practice squad. He did the same as Wenning.
    Draw

Round 7:
    I had no pick, I didn't trade back in
    Ozzie took Michael Campanaro, who was good last season and has a chance to get more involved with the offense and special teams this season.
    Even when I don't make a pick, Ozzie does better. Which explains why he's the best GM in the league and I am humbly abiding here.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

Re: My 2014 Mock Draft vs. Ozzie's Draft

How can you win on the Landry pick if he was selected a full round ahead of where you wanted him though?

But yes, Ozzie is the man, best in the league. I think we'll be able to look back at this years draft quite fondly as well.

Re: My 2014 Mock Draft vs. Ozzie's Draft

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    How can you win on the Landry pick if he was selected a full round ahead of where you wanted him though?

But yes, Ozzie is the man, best in the league. I think we'll be able to look back at this years draft quite fondly as well.
    I was just saying that the hypothetical selection of Landry is better than Brooks. At least this year.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco