Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Must draft playmakers

I know Permian is hurt but we never draft playmakers early in draft. Please Ozzie check every where for something

Blog Entries

Re: Must draft playmakers

There are some that will say playmakers were drafted this year, but that isn't the issue. The issue is that it took them so long to go that route. It's not just about trying to acquire stop-gap aging veterans. They've failed in finding Flacco talent to grow with. I can't fault them for Pitta, because that was a health issue. Torrey was 'okay', but he was the only high pick at WR or TE since Flacco had been drafted. They were simply late to the dance and now they have to play catch up. For years, they had this mentality where they felt like they'd continue to win with defense and the offense could just 'get by'. Even after they won the Super Bowl with the offense leading the way, they stubbornly maintained their stance. Now, they wonder why they play so many road playoff games.

In tough games such as the one we just watched, offensive playmakers can be the difference.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

????? Breshad Perriman? Max Williams? Yea Perriman is hurt but I'm sure Ozzie didn't draft this playmaker thinking he's be hurt.

I don't mind stop gap vets if they are playmakers.

Offense as a whole just looks very slow. From the backs to the TE's to the receivers. Slow.

Don't have anybody out on the field that is going to run away from anybody, break tackles, make defenders miss in the open field.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Cant wait to see which no name UDFA they hype up next year only for him to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by countryroads View Post
    I know Permian is hurt but we never draft playmakers early in draft. Please Ozzie check every where for something
    Ozzie is not the DRAFT GENIUS he's cracked up to be.

If Joe had been in a Denver uniform today we would have lost by 30 points. The Ravens DO NOT RUN their offense to maximize Joe's skill sets. The Ravens offense is stuck back in the 90s when running the football meant something.

You just knew they were going to dig themselves into a hole with their playcalling - turning to Joe at the end to pull it out for them.

I'm talking about Smith, Aiken and Brown here when I say that they're asking Joe to play with second rate talent and obselecent playcalling in an era when everyone else is playing Arena football.

This offense will look much different with someone stretching the field. The same way the 2011 offense looked so much different than the 2010 one once Torrey Smith came onboard.

Blog Entries

When we criticize the lack of quality playmakers, we are not leaving Joe Flacco blameless. That pick six came at a bad time. I wasn't even sure Denver would move the ball into Baltimore territory if he never throws that pick.

The issue we really mean to bring up is that when you lack quality playmakers, Joe's mistakes are magnified. Joe made one mistake the entire game and it got magnified. Not so much, because it was a pick six, but because it was a pick six in a low scoring game that hadn't even seen an offensive TD.

It pretty much becomes 'Flacco plays perfect or bust'. It's been that way for too long.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post

If Joe had been in a Denver uniform today we would have lost by 30 points. The Ravens DO NOT RUN their offense to maximize Joe's skill sets. The Ravens offense is stuck back in the 90s when running the football meant something.

You just knew they were going to dig themselves into a hole with their playcalling - turning to Joe at the end to pull it out for them.

I'm talking about Smith, Aiken and Brown here when I say that they're asking Joe to play with second rate talent and obselecent playcalling in an era when everyone else is playing Arena football.
    Aiken isn't a starter on any other team in the league. Of that I am sure.

Blog Entries

Aiken is worthless. He brings absolutely nothing to the table.

But he is our WR2.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    When we criticize the lack of quality playmakers, we are not leaving Joe Flacco blameless. That pick six came at a bad time. I wasn't even sure Denver would move the ball into Baltimore territory if he never throws that pick.

The issue we really mean to bring up is that when you lack quality playmakers, Joe's mistakes are magnified. Joe made one mistake the entire game and it got magnified. Not so much, because it was a pick six, but because it was a pick six in a low scoring game that hadn't even seen an offensive TD.

It pretty much becomes 'Flacco plays perfect or bust'. It's been that way for too long.
    Woah, woah, woah...Joe certainly did not make only one mistake all game. He takes some blame in this...he looked flustered and inaccurate at times and IMHO, didn't check out of some plays he should have.

Today's offensive failings were a group effort by everyone from Ozzie and the coaches to each offensive player that was out there.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post

If the talent is supposed to be as good they should have taken over the game regardless of a bad gameplan. No one stepped up.