Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Zuttah or Urschell

Here is an interesting argument to be had that not many people seem to be talking about. Zuttah was a pretty decent center last season barring an occasional bad game here and there (he was playing hurt). He proved to be a huge upgrade over Gino.

Urschel as we all know came in several times and played extremely well at guard for a 5th rd rookie. So I'm thinking do we start Urschel at center (his actual college position) next season? His upside is higher than Zuttah who may be a solid player, but he's not going to set the world on fire, where as I can see Urschel as a pro bowler at center.

Blog Entries

Re: Zuttah or Urschell

I dont foresee Urschel unseating him, Not this year at least. Zuttah I think will play even better with another year under his belt here, and healthy. Urschel I think still projects to be a G more than a C. frankly as smart as he is, Id still rather him play some considerable time before taking over making the line calls at C. No reason to rush him in. If he does beat out Zuttah at C, hell play. Its as simple as that.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Both starting Guards are free agents next year. One isn't coming back. That's the spot that Urshel will take

I see Urschel as the eventual replacement for either KO or Yanda, whichever one they can't keep. They've already locked up Zuttah for a few years so they must see him as the long-term solution.

Blog Entries

Just look at the draft
    Robert Meyers round 5 was it Ravens liked their starters and depth, just needed to keep the developmental pipeline moving
    (Moving past Jah probably)

Here are the probable UDFA OL (no contracts signed yet)
    Blaine Clausell OT Mississippi State
    Aundray Walker OL USC
    Nick Easton OL Harvard
    Kaleb Johnson OL Rutgers
    De’Ondre Wesley OL BYU
    David Peterson OL JSU
    Darryl Baldwin OL Ohio State
    long shots for sure, possible PS candidates (Meyers is this years Jah/Harewood/Hale)

Hurst is young depth
    Editing in Marcel Jones T late PS last year
    Remember Jensen is also listed as a C
    Last edited by Rxdoxx; 05-04-2015 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Forgot Marcel
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

I like what the Ravens have been doing in the draft, keeping the trenches fresh and motivated, always drafting new guys, long term projects, etc... With Juan Castillo, we have the luxury of incubating offensive lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Both starting Guards are free agents next year. One isn't coming back. That's the spot that Urshel will take
    Both are coming back. We have enough money and Yanda won't command that much. Yanda gave us a discount the 1st time around and he wants SBs.

The Ravens don't overpay for the Torrey Smiths and the McPhees...but when we have a player that is clearly the best at his position we retain said player.

KO is arguably a top 5-10 guard in the NFL. He'll be here for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I see Urschel as the eventual replacement for either KO or Yanda, whichever one they can't keep.
    This may be sacrilege, but I am leaning toward preferring KO over Yanda. KO is 5 years younger, and he is a MONSTER. Yanda's versatility is great, and he's been crucial for this team at times; but he'll be 31 at the start of the season (so 32 in 2016).

Blog Entries

This is also how I see it playing out. I believe KO, who already has a Super Bowl ring, will head out for greener pastures. Yanda is a lifetime Raven and will sign an extension. Urshel takes KO's spot and Robert Myers, our 5th round pick, takes Urschel's back-up OG position. Next man up... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I dont foresee Urschel unseating him, Not this year at least. Zuttah I think will play even better with another year under his belt here, and healthy. Urschel I think still projects to be a G more than a C. frankly as smart as he is, Id still rather him play some considerable time before taking over making the line calls at C. No reason to rush him in. If he does beat out Zuttah at C, hell play. Its as simple as that.
    Urschel will get his work in over the course of a season as guys get dinged.
    Though he's nice to have should a guard or Zuttah get lost for the season, I don't see any reason at this point to project Urschel at C over a nice-priced veteran (in only his 2nd year w/ this team)

Blog Entries

KO has a back injury history and Bisciotti already said he wanted Yanda extended. I see Yanda staying and Ko going the way of McPhee. There is only so much they're going to commit to a particular position especially if Urshel seems to be a starting level player. Zuttah's deal was really great for the Ravens. As long as his play stays at the level it's at I see him staying for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    This may be sacrilege, but I am leaning toward preferring KO over Yanda. KO is 5 years younger, and he is a MONSTER. Yanda's versatility is great, and he's been crucial for this team at times; but he'll be 31 at the start of the season (so 32 in 2016).
    The only worrisome thing about KO is his back and just how long will it hold up. I honestly believe Yanda could be play 3-4 more years (the length of an contract extension) at a high level. I'm not entirely sure KO's back won't flare up again as he gets older.