Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: 2016 Draft Thread. Is it too early? Never.

Both OSU QBs are looking bad against an opponent they should be steamrolling.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

That LSU RB was a man among boys this afternoon.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Cardale Jones reminds me an awful lot of Jamarcus Russell. I don't get the Hype. Goff and Cook are significantly better football players.

Also not convinced Derrick Henry will be a good NFL back. He won't be able to steamroll defenders at the NFL level. Don't know if he's got the quickness in his feet. Kind of reminiscent of Greg Jones at FSU. Nick Chubb, however, will be terrific. Terrific patience, vision, and balance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Cardale Jones reminds me an awful lot of Jamarcus Russell. I don't get the Hype. Goff and Cook are significantly better football players.

Also not convinced Derrick Henry will be a good NFL back. He won't be able to steamroll defenders at the NFL level. Don't know if he's got the quickness in his feet. Kind of reminiscent of Greg Jones at FSU. Nick Chubb, however, will be terrific. Terrific patience, vision, and balance.
    Henry, to me, is Brandon Jacobs.

I agree about Goff though. Very poised in the pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Looks like we may be picking higher than we thought.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Looks like we may be picking higher than we thought.
    Right now...a Top-15 pick isn't a crazy thought.

desperately need a play maker on offense.

Desperately need a play maker at corner.

Desperately need a pass rusher.

I'm glad we have a shit load of draft picks next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overall team speed is bad. I watched that Pittsburgh game today and they have speed everywhere, not just on offense, but defense.

It's pretty stunning to see the contrast in team speed. Even Cincinatti and Cleveland. We may be the slowest team in our division.

Seriously, who do we have that is considered fast for thier position? On offense, really only Perriman. On defense, CJ, Jimmy (although I don't think he's really all that fast...probably average for a good corner)...who else?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Overall team speed is bad. I watched that Pittsburgh game today and they have speed everywhere, not just on offense, but defense.

It's pretty stunning to see the contrast in team speed. Even Cincinatti and Cleveland. We may be the slowest team in our division.

Seriously, who do we have that is considered fast for thier position? On offense, really only Perriman. On defense, CJ, Jimmy (although I don't think he's really all that fast...probably average for a good corner)...who else?
    Will Hill has good speed. Terrance Brooks has low 4.4 speed.

I hear you though.

Ravens need to do what they did a few years ago and target some stupid fast/quick-twitch athletes.

I'd love to get Nkimdeche out of Ole'Miss. I know we don't need another DT, but man...that dude is so fucking good.

He or Scooby Wright would be sick on D.

Offensively...I'm not real impressed with a lot of the skill positions this year. I like Duke Williams out of Auburn a lot, but he's kind of like Kamar Aiken with better route skills. Lot of height/weight guys coming out next year at receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Will Hill has good speed. Terrance Brooks has low 4.4 speed.

I hear you though.

Ravens need to do what they did a few years ago and target some stupid fast/quick-twitch athletes.

I'd love to get Nkimdeche out of Ole'Miss. I know we don't need another DT, but man...that dude is so fucking good.

He or Scooby Wright would be sick on D.

Offensively...I'm not real impressed with a lot of the skill positions this year. I like Duke Williams out of Auburn a lot, but he's kind of like Kamar Aiken with better route skills. Lot of height/weight guys coming out next year at receiver.
    Yeah...Hill was a mid 4.6 guy...Brooks has speed but bad instincts so you got to take the good with the bad I guess.

I agree though, the skill position talent doesn't really match up this year IMHO as opposed to the previous couple years. But they've still got to try. I like maybe taking a shot at the versatility of Pharoah Cooper maybe in the 3rd round...he looks like a poor man's Randall Cobb and how he was used at Kentucky.

I think they will be looking OLB and CB in round 1 as there will be talent there...especially if we wind up picking in the top 15.

Laquon Treadwell is bassically dez bryant/Andre Johnson. I think he'd be great here. At CB and pass rusher i like Hargeaves(who doesn't) and Carl Lawson. But i dont know why wicked isn't feeling the wideouts. This class is as loaded as 2014.

I don't think it's as loaded as last year personally.

I like Treadwell, but I'd like to see more of how he recovers from his injury...his knee was absolutely destroyed last year. I like Boyd, but honestly, until I feel more comfortable about Treadwell's knee, Boyd is the only WR I really like in the first.

Lot's of question marks with these WR's this year IMHO.

Going to park some guys here.
    The player's market share (percent of team's total passing game production that the player racked up) is in parenthesis .

Tulsa JR Keevan Lucas
    5'10 198
    2014: 101 (38%) / 1219 (38%) / 11 (48%)
    2015 (3 gms): 19 / 342 / 5

La-Monroe SR Rashon Ceaser
    6'1 192
    2014: 77 (24%) / 872 (26%) / 3 (20%)
    2015 (2 gms): 23 / 250 / 2
    Noticed this guy flipping channel in 2014. Forgot about him. Finished with poor market share

Bowling Green SO Roger Lewis
    6' 199
    2014: 73 (23%) / 1093 (30%) / 7 (41%)
    2015 (3 gms): 24 / 510 / 5
    Off to a monster start. Worth watching

So Cal SO JuJu Smith-Schuster
    6'2 215
    2014: 54 (17%) / 724 (19%) / 5 (13%)
    2015 (3 gms): 22 / 434 / 4
    Off to an excellent start. Low 2014 market share though. Maybe should stay in school for 2016.

Notre Dame JR William Fuller
    6' 184
    2014: 76 (27%) / 1094 (32%) / 15 (50%)
    2015 (3 gms): 18 / 397 / 5
    Not sure how he does it. Looks just okay on field, but kills the market share
    Update: Smoothest acceleration I've seen in quite awhile. Attacks the ball. Good body control. Excellent vision

Others that's I'll post numbers on later...

Trent Taylor La Tech 3rd year (5'8 180 -- agile, tough, not a natural hands guy; thinking KR/PR)
    Jared Dangerfield Western KY 2nd year (6'3 215 -- production not quite there)
    Cayleb Jones Arizona 3rd year 6'3 210 (slow start)
    Teldrick Morgan NM State 2nd year 6'2 195 (local kid)
    Corey Davis Western Michigan 3rd year 6'3 205 (looks solid)
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 09-22-2015 at 01:11 PM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver