Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2016 Draft Thread. Is it too early? Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Hopefully one of them are available at 32!

Seriously though, this draft overall, I don't think is as good as last years, but like last years, I think it lines up with depth at positions we need (IMHO the top 2 needs are pass rusher and CB).

You named some of the CB's and I hope we can grab one, and there are also quite a few good prospects at OLB in this draft...Calhoun, Wright, Ogbah, Fields, Floyd and one of my favorites, Dadi Nicholas.
    We dont need another LB, but I think Scooby Wright would be dynamite beside Mosley in this defense.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    We dont need another LB, but I think Scooby Wright would be dynamite beside Mosley in this defense.
    Oh, I definitely think we could use another outside pass rusher...I don't think Suggs and Doom are together for more than this year and probably next. We could use an explosive pass rusher to match with what we hope Z Smith will be.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Oh, I definitely think we could use another outside pass rusher...I don't think Suggs and Doom are together for more than this year and probably next. We could use an explosive pass rusher to match with what we hope Z Smith will be.
    I would put Scooby as the Will right beside Mosley. Scooby's ability to rush the passer from anywhere on the field is nasty. He's also excellent against the run and has the athleticism to cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The Ravens could use another ILB with Smith aging, but with Mosely emerging I could see the Ravens using their old strategy of pairing him with an UDFA.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Ravens could use another ILB with Smith aging, but with Mosely emerging I could see the Ravens using their old strategy of pairing him with an UDFA.
    If someone's there, I'd have no problem picking up an ILB...but I think Zach Orr can be that next UDFA ILB if we don't invest in the draft.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I would put Scooby as the Will right beside Mosley. Scooby's ability to rush the passer from anywhere on the field is nasty. He's also excellent against the run and has the athleticism to cover.
    Dude is just a football player. He pretty much embodies the "play like a Raven" philosophy. I sincerely hope he doesn't test/measure well in the draft process. Lots of similarities to Kuechly (and not just skin tone).

It's kind of hard to believe, but we've got real games in three days. Beyond pumped.

Some solid match ups this weekend:

Louisville @ Auburn
    Texas @ Notre Dame
    Arizona State @ Texas A&M
    Ohio State @ VT (Next Monday)

And the biggest week 1 match up:

Wisconsin @ Alabama

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    It's kind of hard to believe, but we've got real games in three days. Beyond pumped.

Some solid match ups this weekend:

Louisville @ Auburn
    Texas @ Notre Dame
    Arizona State @ Texas A&M
    Ohio State @ VT (Next Monday)

And the biggest week 1 match up:

Wisconsin @ Alabama
    I'm going to Auburn vs Mississippi State this year. I'm pretty pumped. Should be a good game.

I'm going to Auburn vs Mississippi State this year. I'm pretty pumped. Should be a good game.
    I'll be at Notre Dame @ Clemson. Very excited for a potential top-10 match-up. No better sporting event to attend than a big college football game in a real college football town, IMO.

Top needs in alpha order...?

CB (Complete confidence)
    Edge Rusher (Complete confidence)
    WR (TBD 5 mins after the OAK ends if not sooner )
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Top needs in alpha order...?

CB (Complete confidence)
    Edge Rusher (Complete confidence)
    WR (TBD 5 mins after the OAK ends if not sooner )
    I'd also add OT to that. Unless Monroe comes back and has a stellar year, the Ravens could cut bait with him and save money.

I think they'll keep Monroe one more year at least...We'd only save 600k by releasing him after this year.