Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2016 Draft Thread. Is it too early? Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Rooting for the Ravens to pick

Kendall Fuller
    That'd be awesome, but right now there's no way he'll fall to us. Assuming we have a typical Ravens season.

Blog Entries

Would like to see more on DeForest Buckner in particular. He looks at the moment like he could be a nice fit to replace Canty.

Dadi Nicholas of Virginia Tech is intriguing as a possible 3-4 pass rushing OLB.

Interesting that overall there doesn't seem to be as much height in the 2016 CB class. It's going to be a need for the Ravens, and IMHO they are in a can't-miss position on the next CB they draft. They've got to hit. Fuller seems out of reach at the moment, but I'd call him the safest choice. His teammate Brandon Facyson is also an excellent prospect, though as a rSoph; he was a big loss last year when he got hurt. If they both come out early, I'd expect Fuller to go in the mid first at the latest, with Facyson, listed at 6-2, no later than mid second. I'll probably see just about every game they play, and nowhere do CBs get tested playing "on an island" than at blitz-crazy VT. Fuller's man-coverage skills are not in question, and there's no serious question about Facyson's either, and Facyson might have better ball skills. Will be fun to watch.

Blog Entries

I've been watching some tape from last season and I know he is pretty hyped right now, but Scooby Wright would be an outstanding pick for the Ravens.

6'1" 245lbs and can play outside or inside linebacker. I think he projects better as an inside linebacker, but he's a good pass-rusher too. He takes great angles and makes a lot of stops. I also really like that he is always going for the ball without giving up on the tackle. He's quite good at causing a turnover.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Man I LOVE Zeke Elliott. Wish we could have a shot at him. Dude is a straight up beast. Always finishes his runs, tremendous balance and ability to break tackles.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Man I LOVE Zeke Elliott. Wish we could have a shot at him. Dude is a straight up beast. Always finishes his runs, tremendous balance and ability to break tackles.
    I agree, but I can't see the Ravens looking at him after taking Buck and Tali the last two years AND having Forsett.

He is pretty incredible though.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree, but I can't see the Ravens looking at him after taking Buck and Tali the last two years AND having Forsett.

He is pretty incredible though.
    Yeah, you're right...I'm just a big fan.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

The Ravens are going to have several positions they may need filled with young prospects next season. With Steve Smith retiring, they could certainly use another WR prospect. There is no question that a CB prospect will be high on Ozzie's list. You can never have enough pass rushers. The Ravens could also use depth at Safety.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I think priority number 1 is going to be either pass rusher or corner.

Hey Wicked, who do you like at corner next year...I have a feeling that is going to be a position the team targets in the first 2 rounds.

I'm a big fan of Kendall Fuller. Terrific bloodlines and on the field, he looks to have very good ball skills. He probably won't be around when we pick though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Hey Wicked, who do you like at corner next year...I have a feeling that is going to be a position the team targets in the first 2 rounds.

I'm a big fan of Kendall Fuller. Terrific bloodlines and on the field, he looks to have very good ball skills. He probably won't be around when we pick though.
    I like Fuller a lot as well. I think he'd be a great fit.

The guy I'm super high on right now - and no one is talking about him - is Eric Murray out of Minnesota.

He's 6' 200lbs or so and he shifts back and forth between safety and corner. I noticed him last year when watching some Minny games. He's totally underrated. He kind of reminds me of Eric Rowe or someone like that who came out last year. Tough kid. Good tackler. Decent speed and quickness...not elite. Doesn't create a lot of turnovers, but he doesn't get thrown at a lot. I'm ok with that. He had a great game against Allen Robinson when he was at Penn State a few years ago. Stuck with Robinson pretty much the whole game and had some nice plays.

Here is a good article on him:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...rd-to-quantify

Love the corners this year. I think there are 5 first rounders at this point (Hargreaves, Fuller, Alexander, Ramsey, Sutton). Great position to target.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Love the corners this year. I think there are 5 first rounders at this point (Hargreaves, Fuller, Alexander, Ramsey, Sutton). Great position to target.
    Hopefully one of them are available at 32!

Seriously though, this draft overall, I don't think is as good as last years, but like last years, I think it lines up with depth at positions we need (IMHO the top 2 needs are pass rusher and CB).

You named some of the CB's and I hope we can grab one, and there are also quite a few good prospects at OLB in this draft...Calhoun, Wright, Ogbah, Fields, Floyd and one of my favorites, Dadi Nicholas.
    Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 08-25-2015 at 07:52 PM.