Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens 1st round / 26th pick - WR Breshad Perriman

Cossell like Perriman though. Puts him along with Cooper and White. So i guess I like Perriman too... I guess...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    They watch everything.

This AM, they obviously wanted to take another look and see what they thought the issue was. Whatever it was, they obviously thought it was correctable or wasn't going to be a problem.

I hope I am wrong Ravor i just don't see the stretch for him as of now

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sedjro View Post
    Cossell like Perriman though. Puts him along with Cooper and White. So i guess I like Perriman too... I guess...
    Yup:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...233216303.html
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sedjro View Post
    Cosell puts him in the same tier as Cooper and White.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...233216303.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I get that but given how the ravens have turned out thus far drafting early receivers you think they would at-least go with some one who more sure handed and more polished than Perriman, 2nd round hell yeah but not first round man.
    The other guys who are "More polished" available simply doesn't have much potential. Are you fine with an average #2 receiver? Thats probably what you'd get out of the Dorsett, Strong and Smith types. But Perrimans ceiling is so much higher that I'd rather take the gamble.

Blog Entries

Do we think gregory is in play for the second pick? Trade up? That Would make me forget what we missed out on.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Good to know. Not worth trading up, im fine with that. Still seems like a stretch when we had brown and Byron on the board.
    How is Byron not just an "athlete" like Perriman?

I am not surprised they took a WR, I am a little surprised it was Perriman.

But a lot of smart people (like Greg Cosell) rave about this kid.

I admit I am worried about how he seemingly rose out of nowhere to become a 1st rounder.

But I won't knock the fact that they finally addressed a need with valuable draft capital.

What he needs to do is have a game like Torrey did vs. StL, and that perception will last with him, much like it did with Torrey.

Teams will say "oh great, now Flacco has another deep threat" and that will open things up.

Now, if he can't put together some games that will strike fear in teams, obviously that will be a bad look for a 1st rounder.

The one positive about his hands I would say is that he can extend for the ball and really pluck. I think they maybe saw that as the reason they think it is a correctable issue

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Do we think gregory is in play for the second pick? Trade up? That Would make me forget what we missed out on.
    I doubt any of these red flag guys are on the Ravens draft board after the recent issues with arrests.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I hope I am wrong Ravor i just don't see the stretch for him as of now
    I hear ya, but it seems like most had Perriman as a 1st rounder (Mayock @ 15), so it seems to me that they took him in the range where he belongs.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Brett Hollander @BrettHollander
    · 16m 16 minutes ago
    John Harbaugh told us the #Ravens were not taking Shane Ray. And they had Perriman 14th or 15th on their board.
    I appreciate you posting that. Makes me feel marginally better. I strongly disagree with them this time, but we do have one of the best front offices in all of sports. That said they aren't perfect, I was pounding the table for another corner before last season. I said we were thin behind two good but injury prone starters and we ended up a corner away from the Super Bowl.

Ps: Had we passed on Ray for Perriman I would have doubly lost my sh!t.

Re: Breshad Perriman

Perriman said alot of his drop were him trying to make a play. With the terrible QB play and him being the only real weapon, I buy that and think it's a very correctable issue.

Count me amongst those who see him as "Turbo Torrey". I don't think it will take him long to be what Torrey was at his best here. He's already a better overall athlete than Torrey and doesn't have his incorrectable(?) stiff hips which limited what Torrey was ever going to become.