Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens 1st round / 26th pick - WR Breshad Perriman

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    They're picking 26th, every receiver available there is going to have warts. Just the nature of the pick.
    So don't pick a 1st rounder with warts, save the warts for the later rounds, IMO we just Kyle Bollared our 1st rounder
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Watched his highlights, not any drops there, lol. Lot of go routes. He does seem to track a deep ball well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    what?? watching tapes of is drop...oh geez i really don't understand this pick now.
    You're never going to watch only the highlights of the players you are interested in drafting. You need to know their weaknesses as well, so you know how to deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    So don't pick a 1st rounder with warts, save the warts for the later rounds, IMO we just Kyle Bollared our 1st rounder
    Well if you pick a later receiver you're not gonna get a guy who is 6'3'' and runs a 4.2. So there's a trade-off either way. Obviously they thought he was worth it, even with the drops.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    Should have given up a fourth to get Shane Ray.

Brett Hollander @BrettHollander
    · 16m 16 minutes ago
    John Harbaugh told us the #Ravens were not taking Shane Ray. And they had Perriman 14th or 15th on their board.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Well if you pick a later receiver you're not gonna get a guy who is 6'3'' and runs a 4.2. So there's a trade-off either way. Obviously they thought he was worth it, even with the drops.
    Exactly. We've been taking too many lower round WRs who haven't panned out in recent years. Its about time we finally go for a guy with #1 potential.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    Drafting him even after watching those tapes must mean they think its a correctable issue.
    True, clearly in their opinion but first rounders dont have tape of drops. Thats insane to me. If theres tape of drops youre ralking about a mid rounder. Hell take the tip off as a rookie but give my brown or jones. An extra 4th for shane ray.... Seriously? Id do that in a heart beat since they knew we wanted him.
    -JAB

Maybe Perriman's role is only to replace Torrey in taking the top of the defense. If so, he will be likely do a better job than of catching contested deep balls. I would still love to know what our trade down options were.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    what?? watching tapes of his drop...oh geez i really don't understand this pick now.
    They watch everything.

This AM, they obviously wanted to take another look and see what they thought the issue was. Whatever it was, they obviously thought it was correctable or wasn't going to be a problem.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

10. Re: Ravens 1st round / 26th pick - WR Breshad Perriman

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    · 16m 16 minutes ago
    John Harbaugh told us the #Ravens were not taking Shane Ray. And they had Perriman 14th or 15th on their board.
    And it's all Ray's fault.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    · 16m 16 minutes ago
    Good to know. Not worth trading up, im fine with that. Still seems like a stretch when we had brown and Byron on the board.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    You're never going to watch only the highlights of the players you are interested in drafting. You need to know their weaknesses as well, so you know how to deal with them.
    I get that but given how the ravens have turned out thus far drafting early receivers you think they would at-least go with some one who more sure handed and more polished than Perriman, 2nd round hell yeah but not first round man.