Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 323334

Re: Ravens 1st round / 26th pick - WR Breshad Perriman

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I think fans grew to feel he was a one-trick pony. He would get behind the secondary, Joe would chuck up a long, loopy throw, and Torrey would draw a PI call, often with no catch involved. If the offense was more dynamic in general, I don't think people would have resented it as much.
    Torre honestly didn't get separation from defenders and instead of developing a refined route tree, he just settled for flailing his arms around not even trying to catch the ball at times it seemed.

Sadly, he is still has the single best season for a wr drafted by the Ravens....

That has to change

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

Sadly, he is still has the single best season for a wr drafted by the Ravens....

That has to change
    Torrey might have gained more yards but I'd argue that Hollywood last year had the 'best' season of a Ravens drafted WR.

He was more threatening to defenses, in more ways, than Torrey ever was. He let the league know they were going to have to pay attention to him, and to our passing game in general, within 5 mins of stepping onto the field.

It's not really worth arguing about though because next year Hollywood will almost certainly take the top spot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Torrey might have gained more yards but I'd argue that Hollywood last year had the 'best' season of a Ravens drafted WR.

He was more threatening to defenses, in more ways, than Torrey ever was. He let the league know they were going to have to pay attention to him, and to our passing game in general, within 5 mins of stepping onto the field.

It's not really worth arguing about though because next year Hollywood will almost certainly take the top spot.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Torre honestly didn't get separation from defenders and instead of developing a refined route tree, he just settled for flailing his arms around not even trying to catch the ball at times it seemed.

That has to change
    Still was a playmaker for The Ravens and one of the better deep threats in the league in his prime. Torrey Smith may not have developed to a level like a Derrick Mason but he wasnt a bust

Blog Entries

You're right that it's really not worth arguing about, but what else do we do here, so I'm still going to say I disagree with this take. Torrey was the team's #1 in 2013 and had over 1100 yards, which is the 2nd highest yardage total for a WR in our history, 70~ yards shy of Michael Jackson in 1996. Which really goes to show the very low bar we have at that position here. I acknowledge that some of that is volume and lack of any other mouths to feed. That was a terrible offense and he was literally the only threat we had on that side of the ball. His running mates that year were the likes of Marlon 'sometimes' Brown, Tandon Doss, Brandon Stokley, and Dallas Clark. Brown got to play with the MVP and Mark Andrews.

As far as the bolded...did we forget that in Torrey's 3rd game he had 5/152/3? Was that not putting the league on notice that teams were going to have to pay attention to him?

You are completely right in the last point, that Brown is definitely going to take that mantle next year.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    You're right that it's really not worth arguing about, but what else do we do here, so I'm still going to say I disagree with this take. Torrey was the team's #1 in 2013 and had over 1100 yards, which is the 2nd highest yardage total for a WR in our history, 70~ yards shy of Michael Jackson in 1996. Which really goes to show the very low bar we have at that position here. I acknowledge that some of that is volume and lack of any other mouths to feed. That was a terrible offense and he was literally the only threat we had on that side of the ball. His running mates that year were the likes of Marlon 'sometimes' Brown, Tandon Doss, Brandon Stokley, and Dallas Clark. Brown got to play with the MVP and Mark Andrews.

As far as the bolded...did we forget that in Torrey's 3rd game he had 5/152/3? Was that not putting the league on notice that teams were going to have to pay attention to him?

You are completely right in the last point, that Brown is definitely going to take that mantle next year.
    Interesting stat. Ravens record vs, Steelers with Torrey - 6-3 including playoffs. Prior to that, Revens / steelers was 12-20. His and Jimmy's arrival certainly changed the balance of the rivalry.

...I'd argue that Hollywood last year had the 'best' season of a Ravens drafted WR.
    Brandon Stokley drafted 4th-rd 1999. In 2004 he had a thousand yds & 10 TDs –

For Indy.

Jebus. Can't believe Perriman was 5 years ago. I'm on a rocketship to old age lol. Thank god for Lamar.