Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LSU's La'el Collins to visit Ravens

We're set at OT and he would seem way out of reach. Smoke screen?
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ltimore-ravens

Blog Entries

Re: LSU's La'el Collins to visit Ravens

Teams that could use a LT with high draft slot in the second round
    #33 Titans, #34 Tampa Bay, #35 Oakland, #35 Jacksonville, #37 Jets #38 Washington #40 Giants, #43 Cleveland, #45 Vikings
    Along with #48 Chargers, #49 Chiefs #57 Panthers

Collins is Mayock's top ranked OT and has a late 1st grade from a lot of sites Not a lot of other sites agree with his slotting but...
    T.J. Clemmings, Pittsburgh has a 1st-2nd projection

McShay has Brandon Scherff as possible top 10 and Andrus Peat in top 20 (Kiper has him #14)
    Ereck Flowers projected in the first half of round 1
    D.J. Humphries should be second Rd.

I can see the possibility that Collins is on the board when we get on the clock, Carolina could take him at #24 (with Oher and now Martin), but if he makes it to us, we can expect trade offers. Due diligence means the Ravens need 1st hand info on Collins to squeeze the best deal possible, makes sense to have him for a close up look, even if he is not a need. Who knows he may Mosley us but I doubt it.... I'm guessing homework for trading partners if he reaches our pick.

I'd love a 2016 #1, their 2015 #2 and maybe swap 3s for starters.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious Faulker View Post
    We're set at OT.
    NOTHING IS AS IT SEEMS. ROBERT REDFORD - SPY GAME.

Ravens rookie linemen James Hurst, John Urschel to start ...
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...r/bal...Cached
    Dec 31, 2014 · Ravens undrafted rookie James Hurst will start the sixth game of his NFL career Saturday night, lining up at left tackle across from Pittsburgh Steelers

If you'll recall there were injuries to the o-line and Ravens had to start an undrafted OT,
    Hurst, in the Wild Card game for Monroe. It was first time for an undrafted rook to start in a
    wild card game. Urschel, another rookie, also had to start. Ravens beat Pissburgh but
    lost to NE.

Collins is one of the best blockers in the draft. He probably won't be there but if he
    is Oz would have to consider him and thus the look see. He's brought several in
    already as many teams have.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-28-2015 at 07:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Both of the Ravens starting Guards are free agents next year. Collins is a true Tackle but so was KO in college.

I doubt we go LSU in round one. Or any other round.

Blog Entries

Doing their homework Solid player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

You can never have enough tackles. Need I remind everyone of the Gaither/Oher Saga?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Both of the Ravens starting Guards are free agents next year. Collins is a true Tackle but so was KO in college.
    It's hard to imagine that Yanda isn't back with the Ravens after 2015 for a number of reasons. He is currently the Ravens' best player and the organization has always placed priority on protecting those type of players in free agency. Additionally, Yanda has shown a pattern of consistently being one of the most easy-to-work-with players money-wise in Raven history. He has scratched the Ravens back with a restructure (maybe two?) and also agreed to a team-friendly deal when his initial free agency period was approaching.

There has never been a Raven player who I fear losing less due to money issues. Strong likelihood he retires a Raven and sees his name in the Ring of Honor and possibly his bust in Canton one day.

Osemele may be a different story, but I think the Ravens have the money in 2016 to handle his contract. Naturally, if he wants the $10m a year payday, he's going elsewhere. However, if he's seeking a contract in the 5 year/$30-35m range, I think the Ravens are prepared to spend that on him. He's in his prime and is a borderline elite player when healthy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    It's hard to imagine that Yanda isn't back with the Ravens after 2015 for a number of reasons. He is currently the Ravens' best player and the organization has always placed priority on protecting those type of players in free agency. Additionally, Yanda has shown a pattern of consistently being one of the most easy-to-work-with players money-wise in Raven history. He has scratched the Ravens back with a restructure (maybe two?) and also agreed to a team-friendly deal when his initial free agency period was approaching.

There has never been a Raven player who I fear losing less due to money issues. Strong likelihood he retires a Raven and sees his name in the Ring of Honor and possibly his bust in Canton one day.

Osemele may be a different story, but I think the Ravens have the money in 2016 to handle his contract. Naturally, if he wants the $10m a year payday, he's going elsewhere. However, if he's seeking a contract in the 5 year/$30-35m range, I think the Ravens are prepared to spend that on him. He's in his prime and is a borderline elite player when healthy.
    Oh come on Luke, it doesn't take heart to pass up more money from Washington. It just takes brains, and not even a full head of brains. JELLY BRAINS WILL DO!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious Faulker View Post
    We're set at OT and he would seem way out of reach. Smoke screen?
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ltimore-ravens
    I don't think it's a smokescreen. I think Ozzie does his homework and is prepared for all scenarios. You never know who's going to fall and who gets taken to early. It's nothing more than that.

Seriously doubt that he will be available when we pick.

However unlike Luke above I just don't see the Ravens resigning both Yanda and KO next year. Too many other priorities that take precedent over giving both starting guards big money especially with Urschel waiting and possibly Jensen too. Plus it would be good to replace Reid anyways.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Seriously doubt that he will be available when we pick.

However unlike Luke above I just don't see the Ravens resigning both Yanda and KO next year. Too many other priorities that take precedent over giving both starting guards big money especially with Urschel waiting and possibly Jensen too. Plus it would be good to replace Reid anyways.
    So do we sign Yanda who is now 30, or KO who is 25?
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old