Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Terrell Suggs Hall of Fame Chances

Suggs already has 106.5 sacks. If he gets 20 more before he hangs up the cleats (and I think he can) he'll have as many as Derrick Thomas who also made it in. I think that he can make it in if he gets 20 more. Not first ballot, but I think that he won't have to wait to long if he does. Your thoughts?

Blog Entries

Re: Terrell Suggs Hall of Fame Chances

I think he should go to the Hall. Maybe I'm biased as a Ravens fan. But I've seen him year in and year out not only sack the QB but contain the outside run and diagnose screens as well as anyone. There's a reason Ravens defenses have been so tough against the run and Suggs is a huge part of it. I'm thinking everyone in the AFC North will be glad when he retires.

Blog Entries

Pretty good. He's got everything you could ask for, the awards, the ring, the numbers, the longevity. He's a safe bet to be the Ravens fourth HOF player IMO.

If he gets in he should thank Roethlisberger. A tenth of his sacks are of him.

There's a couple of guys from the same era currently ahead of with regarding sacks: Jared Allen, John Abraham, Jason Taylor, DeMarcus Ware, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis and Julius Peppers.

But obviously there's more to it than that. Suggs is known as a do-it-all guy. He has a DPOY (Taylor does too) and a ring (Freeney and Mathis do too). However, Suggs only have one second-team All-Pro and one first-team All-Pro. I would think Taylor, Freeney and Ware all get in before him.

Blog Entries

hes probably one of the best all around OLB in the game for a period of time. hes definitely improved his "brand" these past few years. Id say he has a good chance even if he doesnt get DT sack totals. hes not a pure pass rusher like DT was, hes a lot more complete, imo.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

If Suggs goes in it really will be amazing to think Ozzie Newsome drafted 4 hall of famers from 1996-2003. If only Joe Flacco was drafted much earlier. We might be talking a New England Patriots type run.

Blog Entries

Suggs will absolutely be in the discussion. It's hard to know if he'll get in. Kevin Greene with 160 sacks seems to be a finalist every year but he never gets the votes. Another 20 -25 sacks puts Suggs with Leslie O'Neil and Ricky Jackson. O'Neil is not a Hall of Fame player but Jackson is. You also have Jared Allen, Julius Peppers and Dwight Freeney who are going to face the same issues. It's very difficult to know which way things will end up for Suggs

Quote Originally Posted by CopRaven View Post
    There's a couple of guys from the same era currently ahead of with regarding sacks: Jared Allen, John Abraham, Jason Taylor, DeMarcus Ware, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis and Julius Peppers.

But obviously there's more to it than that. Suggs is known as a do-it-all guy. He has a DPOY (Taylor does too) and a ring (Freeney and Mathis do too). However, Suggs only have one second-team All-Pro and one first-team All-Pro. I would think Taylor, Freeney and Ware all get in before him.
    I agree with this.

He has a chance, but he's going to probably have to wait. Those years where he came in fat and out of shape and didn't produce probably will hurt. Also being probably the 4th guy on most of our defenses will affect the voters IMHO.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

10. Re: Terrell Suggs Hall of Fame Chances

Suggs statistically and stylistically is very comparable with Neil Smith, who hasn't gotten in yet despite being eligible since 2006.
    http://www.notinhalloffame.com/footb...-35-neil-smith

So right now, he's not a lock just yet.

Bubble.

He's very close though. A couple more good - great seasons and he's in.

If something happened and he had to retire tomorrow, no, not quite enough when compared to players who are already in.

Quote Originally Posted by CopRaven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You also have Jared Allen, Julius Peppers and Dwight Freeney who are going to face the same issues. It's very difficult to know which way things will end up for Suggs
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Bubble.

He's very close though. A couple more good - great seasons and he's in.

If something happened and he had to retire tomorrow, no, not quite enough when compared to players who are already in.
    I agree, I think he is on the bubble. If he was done today I would say he wouldnt make it... Its hard given how many pass rushers of the last generation would need to get in....

Overall I tend to think he will be a bubble player when he retires I actually think the fact he played with Lewis, Reed, Ngata will work AGAINST him in the mind of the Voters when it comes down to the final vote...

not saying i agree but thats what i predict