Maryalnd Eagles Indoor Football at the Myers Pavillion

After the Baltimore Mariners who won last years AIF team folded. There will an AIF team in town this year, the Maryland Eagles who were a travel team as the Washington Eagles last couple of years. They will be playing their home games at the Williams Myers Pavilion, something Mariners should have done, instead of hoping for investors at the Royal Farms Arena. Tickets are cheaper too starting at 10 dollar general admission.

The season starts at home on April 4 against the Philadelphia Hornets at 5pm.

For more information:

http://www.marylandeagles.com/teams/?u=MARYLANDEAGLES&s=football
    Last edited by Nightman; 03-16-2015 at 08:51 PM.

2. Re: Maryalnd Eagles Indoor Football at the Myers Pavillion

I sense a lawsuit from a certain Philadelphia NFL franchise forthcoming...

I wish the new Baltimore indoor team well, and maybe they are too small time to merit the NFL's attention (500 seat capacity arena from what I read online), but yikes, why tempt fate on this one? Is the Eagles really *that* great of a name?

If nothing else, it's going to get confusing when they play that league's Philadelphia franchise, which is on the schedule according to the Baltimore franchise's website.

EDIT:

Although, looking at the site, they also have a "Steelers" team complete with the NFL franchise's logo, and a "Chargers" with a lightning bolt. That whole league seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen. :) And there's no need, really. What, there are no good names left out there to use that aren't already taken? You could probably even get away with names from other sports as long as the colors and logos were different. But a football league using NFL team names is just asking for trouble.
    Last edited by CharmCityCrab; 02-10-2016 at 09:13 PM.

3. Re: Maryalnd Eagles Indoor Football at the Myers Pavillion

Here, free of charge, some names suggestions:

Baltimore Vultures (Keeps the bird motif the team's been using, a bit reminiscent of the Ravens without crossing a legal line)
    Baltimore Condors (See above, but add to it that Condors are basically the best birds ever- seriously, Google them)
    Baltimore Rhinos (One of the potential names floated for the 1993 expansion team that never was)
    Baltimore Cannons (Ft. Henry tribute/War of 1812)
    Baltimore Crabs (I can't believe a team with this name doesn't already exist- and you could keep the red uniforms)
    Baltimore Seahorses (Blue, white, and green color scheme- A bit like the Colts or Stallions, but different enough that you should be cool using it- ties into the Chesapeake Bay and the Baltimore Mariners thing, too, a bit- Johny Unitas meets Aquaman)

And, hey, are you guys sure that the owner of the Baltimore Mariners name wouldn't just give it to you in exchange for a case of beer or something? I mean, he's not using it, it's the same league. It might be worth a phone call or a letter. Then you could claim to be the defending champions and maybe get a few carryover fans. Heck, maybe you could call a few of their players from last year and see if they want to join the new team.

Anyway, the other thing is, if you're going to tempt a legal battle with the NFL, why not just go with the Baltimore Colts? :) I think it'd take about 10 seconds for the NFL to file a lawsuit on that one, but if you actually try it and show up in blue and white uniforms with horseshoes on your helmets, I will come to the first game.

Speaking of which, can you bring your own beer/food and use prolific profanity, or is it more of a family atmosphere? :) Anything involving football where I can drink and cuss at affordable prices is tempting. ;)

4. Re: Maryalnd Eagles Indoor Football at the Myers Pavillion

Eh, turns out this thread is from last year. I don't know how I stumbled upon it.

Does this team even still exist?

Re: Maryalnd Eagles Indoor Football at the Myers Pavillion

Quote Originally Posted by CharmCityCrab View Post
    Eh, turns out this thread is from last year. I don't know how I stumbled upon it.

Does this team even still exist?
    They moved to a rec center in Wheaton, MD. Had Baltimore had a new arena ready, I think they would have gotten the Arena League team instead of Washington, DC. Ted Leonsis will own it if they league survives to next season.