Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 252627
    Blog Entries

Re: 2015 RSR Mock Draft - Discussion Thread

BmoreLove didn’t make his 2nd round pick, so I doubt he makes this pick either…

With the 87th pick, the Pittsburgh Steelers select…Adrian Amos, FS, Penn State.

Now that Troy Polamalu has officially retired, the Steelers have a decision to make on the back end of their defense. Mike Mitchell is fast and physical, but he is terrible in coverage. Their 4th round pick out of Syracuse a few years ago, Shamarko Thomas, has yet to show that he’s much more than a ST’s player. I think the Steelers recognize that they need to continue to bolster their secondary and with getting Kevin Johnson in round-1 and a pass-rusher in round-2, I think the logical next step is getting a safety that can play deep. Amos doesn’t cause a lot of turnovers, but he’s a steady player with good coverage skills having played both corner and safety. Amos at free safety and slide Mitchell over to strong safety; I think that could work well.

Round 1 – Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forrest
    Round 2 – Danielle Hunter, DE, LSU
    Round 3 – Adrian Amos, FS, Penn State
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The Baltimore Ravens select, Trey Flowers, DE, Arkansas.

This guy is our Mcphee replacement. Violent player. Excellent hand use. Not the most explosive but motor is second to none. Lacks bend but that wont matter much since he'll make his money rushing inside. Significant production. Basically, a classic Raven.

Blog Entries

Flowers is a very nice fit in our 3-4. Unlike most Defensive Ends, this kind has lined up all over the place including in a 2 point stance. He's ahead of that transition that some of these tweener size guys struggle with.

Blog Entries

In rounds 1 and 2, Dallas took Melvin Gordon and Alex Carter.

I think now that they've addressed RB, they'll continue to bolster their defense and getting a safety that can roam the deep parts of the field should be a high priority for them. With Adrian Amos off the board, I think Dallas would be down with Gerod Holliman, FS, Lousiville as their 3rd round selection at pick 91. This is good value for Holliman because he's not a complete safety, but he has the upside to become one. One thing that he does have is the ability to play the ball and create turnovers. Holliman had 14 picks last season and returned 1 for a touchdown.

Blog Entries

I've been mulling over the Cowboys pick for the last hour, but wickedsolo had it covered, LOL.

I was really torn because I wanted to address DL, but with the best available being Mario Edwards Jr, who has lots of potential but had a pretty lackluster season last year, I wasn't sure if I should go that route. I looked at Holliman and Derron Smith for some S help, so agree with where they went there. That secondary is a HUGE weak spot for them, so going CB then S in back to back rounds is justified.

I also REALLY wanted to take Bryce Petty because 1) Texas and 2) Big Jerry Jones splash!...But S makes more sense
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I've been mulling over the Cowboys pick for the last hour, but wickedsolo had it covered, LOL.

I was really torn because I wanted to address DL, but with the best available being Mario Edwards Jr, who has lots of potential but had a pretty lackluster season last year, I wasn't sure if I should go that route. I looked at Holliman and Derron Smith for some S help, so agree with where they went there. That secondary is a HUGE weak spot for them, so going CB then S in back to back rounds is justified.

I also REALLY wanted to take Bryce Petty because 1) Texas and 2) Big Jerry Jones splash!...But S makes more sense
    Hey man, no one's picked after Dallas yet, so if you want to change it, by all means!

I figured you had forgotten about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hey man, no one's picked after Dallas yet, so if you want to change it, by all means!

I figured you had forgotten about it.
    Nah, like I said, I was mulling and mulling it. Was actually thinking about asking on this thread to pick from a group of 3-4 players. I was initially leaning DL, but I think Mario Edwards Jr is a bit of a riskier pick, you're banking on him developing better technique and not letting his weight go. I also considered Carl Davis, DT, Iowa...but apparently he REALLY screwed up his team interviews...came off as lazy and arrogant, and suddenly I had flashbacks of Mt Cody and threw his name out.

Holliman is a great centerfielder type FS...just needs to work on tackling and angles.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

With the 92nd pick in the 2015 RSR Mock Draft, the Denver Broncos select Josue Matias, Guard, Florida State.

Offensive line was our top need entering this draft. In the first two rounds, we took a playmaker and a pass rusher that fell to us, hoping that quality interior line help would still be available in the third.

That proved true with Matias. He's enough of a finished product to start, and keep Peyton upright. He needs some work on his run blocking, and some time in the weight room. But we expect that ultimately he will be a well-above-average NFL guard.

DENVER PICKS:
    1 (28) : Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota
    2 (59): Nate Orchard, OLB, Utah
    3 (92): Josue Matias, G, FSU

In The Annapolis, and Ravenboy2003 are on the clock.
    "Chin up, chest out."

It's been a day, so with hope of actually finishing the third round...

With the 93rd pick in the 2015 RSR Mock Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn.

Dismukes is undersized, built a bit like A.Q. Shipley. But he has been a solid center at Auburn and will definitely be able to play at the next level. After going defense in the first two rounds, we had to get some o-line help here, and this fills a need with solid value for the end of the third round.

Green Bay (rpcfootball) is on the clock.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sedjro View Post
    The Baltimore Ravens select, Trey Flowers, DE, Arkansas.

This guy is our Mcphee replacement. Violent player. Excellent hand use. Not the most explosive but motor is second to none. Lacks bend but that wont matter much since he'll make his money rushing inside. Significant production. Basically, a classic Raven.
    just saw Walterfootball mock and he has us taking Flowers. That would be awesome IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

With the 95th pick in the 2015 RSR Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select: Grady Jarrett, DT, Clemson

I was really hoping to go offensive line here (Donovan Smith, Grasu or Marpet) but with all three off the board Seahawks add to their stable of DL by picking Grady Jarrett out of Clemson. I went back and forth between him and Mario Edwards but I thought Jarrett was capable of providing immediate help inside at DT. He has been rising up the charts per draft experts and some are comparing him to Aaron Donald. I think he fits nicely in their scheme and provides depth behind Brandon Mebane. Seahawks are true believers in never having enough DL, so this seems like great fit.

Round 1: Traded to NO for Jimmy Graham
    Round 2: Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami
    Round 3: Grady Jarrett, DT, Clemson

Bmorecareful on the clock (New England)....

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    just saw Walterfootball mock and he has us taking Flowers. That would be awesome IMO
    Yes...in the 4th round.