Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 181920

Re: 2015 RSR Mock Draft - Picks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    With the 94th pick in the 2015 RSR Draft, the Green Bay Packers select: Rashad Greene, WR, Florida State

After shoring up the middle of the defense with the first two picks (and reaching slightly on that last one), I go with pure value on this pick. Greene is one of my favorite receivers in this draft and, while not the biggest or the fastest, is a savvy route runner with quickness and good hands. Given his skillset and production in college I would call him a poor man's Amari Cooper. He can play inside or out, alternating with Cobb. Also, this is a surprisingly needy position for the Packers who need someone better than Jarrett Boykin or Andrew Quarless to be the third option. In Mike McCarthy's pass happy offense his talents will be optimized and his weaknesses (not a great blocker) diminished.

Round 1: Eddie Goldman, DT, FSU
    Round 2: Paul Dawson, ILB, TCU
    Isn't Davante Adams their 3rd option?

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Isn't Davante Adams their 3rd option?
    Yeah, and considering that Nelson,Cobb, and Adams are locked up, that's a lot to invest for a #4 WR. I'd think that they'd just toss Abbrederis or Janis out there.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

With the 95th pick in the 2015 RSR Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select: Grady Jarrett, DT, Clemson

I was really hoping to go offensive line here (Donovan Smith, Grasu or Marpet) but with all three off the board Seahawks add to their stable of DL by picking Grady Jarrett out of Clemson. I went back and forth between him and Mario Edwards but I thought Jarrett was capable of providing immediate help inside at DT. He has been rising up the charts per draft experts and some are comparing him to Aaron Donald. I think he fits nicely in their scheme and provides depth behind Brandon Mebane. Seahawks are true believers in never having enough DL, so this seems like great fit.

Round 1: Traded to NO for Jimmy Graham
    Round 2: Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami
    Round 3: Grady Jarrett, DT, Clemson

Bmorecareful on the clock (New England)....

With the 96th pick in the 2015 RSR Draft, the New England Patriots select: Arie Kouandjio, OG, Alabama

Offensive line is the Patriots' biggest need heading into 2015, and although they weren't able to select a lineman earlier, they get a steal with a potential day-1 starter at the end of the third round. Kouandjio is everything the Patriots look for in an offensive lineman--athletic, smart, and experienced in a complex NFL-style zone scheme.

Round 1: Jordan Phillips, DT/NT, Oklahoma
    Round 2: Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska
    Round 3: Arie Kouandjio, OG, Alabama

With the 97th (compensatory) pick in the 2015 RSR Draft, the New England Patriots select: Steven Nelson, CB, Oregon State

The Patriots again fill a huge need with an underrated prospect. Nelson is a physical and aggressive player with great ball skills, awareness, and fluidity in man coverage. If he were 2 inches taller he'd likely be a first rounder, and he outplayed several more heralded prospects at the Senior Bowl.

With the 98th pick, the Kansas City Chiefs select Mario Edwards (DE, Florida State).

The Chiefs have a need to bolster the defense in several areas, and Edwards is the highest rated player remaining on their board in one of those positions. Andy Reid loves to draft big men. Could have gone with a defensive back or a linebacker, but Edwards is too good to pass at pick 98.

R1(18) - La'el Collins, OT, LSU
    R2 (49) - Nelson Agholor, WR, USC
    R3 (80)- Hroniss Grassu, C, Oregon
    R3 (98) - Mario Edwards, DE, Florida State

Now that's a nice draft to this point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    With the 98th pick, the Kansas City Chiefs select Mario Edwards (DE, Florida State).

The Chiefs have a need to bolster the defense in several areas, and Edwards is the highest rated player remaining on their board in one of those positions. Andy Reid loves to draft big men. Could have gone with a defensive back or a linebacker, but Edwards is too good to pass at pick 98.

R1(18) - La'el Collins, OT, LSU
    R2 (49) - Nelson Agholor, WR, USC
    R3 (80)- Hroniss Grassu, C, Oregon
    R3 (98) - Mario Edwards, DE, Florida State

Now that's a nice draft to this point.
    In my mind you take the prize for the best draft out of everyone here. Great job

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    In my mind you take the prize for the best draft out of everyone here. Great job
    Honorable mention for OhThePossibilities. He did much better than the real Browns are going to.
    "Chin up, chest out."

We're one pick away from finishing all three rounds of the draft with two weeks left. Are we going to keep this up and go as far as we can?
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    We're one pick away from finishing all three rounds of the draft with two weeks left. Are we going to keep this up and go as far as we can?
    I think it would be better to just start over and try to get a 2 round speed draft in. The way it works is that no one has an assigned team. After 12 hours anyone can just jump in and make the next pick. We could get 2 rounds done in that kind of format by draft day.

I think it would be better to just start over and try to get a 2 round speed draft in. The way it works is that no one has an assigned team. After 12 hours anyone can just jump in and make the next pick. We could get 2 rounds done in that kind of format by draft day.
    I would definitely participate. I can't lead it this time though. Too busy with work and not on my computer at night anymore, unfortunately.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Thanks. There is a bit of luck involved. It just seemed that need matched up well with availability and players just fell into my lap.