Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2015 RSR Mock Draft - Picks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    So far this has been a major let down.

Lets prepare for an hour when time expires.

What do people think for Oakland?

I'm thinking Cooper or White is the easy choice. If it were me I'd go White
    Definitely one of those two. If Carr the Younger is their guy (and I do think he is) then he's going to need more than what he has.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Definitely one of those two. If Carr the Younger is their guy (and I do think he is) then he's going to need more than what he has.
    Their defense was REALLY bad last year too...but the only guy I could see making sense for them is Leonard Williams.

So, to me, Kevin White or Amari Cooper makes the most sense.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

With the 4th pick of the 2015 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select, Amari Cooper, Wide Receiver, University of Alabama

The Raiders are an absolute mess, but they need a playmaker on offence. I'm a huge fan of Derek Carr and they need to give him a weapon, enter Amari Cooper a gamechanger
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    With the 4th pick of the 2015 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select, Amari Cooper, Wide Receiver, University of Alabama

The Raiders are an absolute mess, but they need a playmaker on offence. I'm a huge fan of Derek Carr and they need to give him a weapon, enter Amari Cooper a gamechanger
    Solid pick. In a division with two Hall of Fame quarterbacks you aren't going to win if your quarterback is playing with #3 WRs.

Good news is that the next couple of teams have guys that are here all the time as the GM.

Blog Entries

With the 5th pick of the 2015 NFL draft, the Washington Redskins select, Vic Beasley, Outside Linebacker, Clemson.

The Redskins have a lot of needs, but I think their need for some defensive firepower trumps everything else. Went back and forth on this all day after Leonard and Fowler went off the board. Debated Mariota but it really came down to Beasley or Gregory and I just personally like Beasley more. He's a freak, I think he's going to be the better player and he fits a major need for the 'Skins. Should provide immediate impact in the pass rush, which is something they desperately need.

With the 6th pick the NY Jets select Marcus Mariota. Not in love with him at this spot and I would definitely rather trade down and take BPA at 20 with the Eagles pick.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    With the 6th pick the NY Jets select Marcus Mariota. Not in love with him at this spot and I would definitely rather trade down and take BPA at 20 with the Eagles pick.
    All of Hawaii thanks you for saving him from Cleveland.

9. Re: 2015 RSR Mock Draft - Picks Thread

With the 7th pick the Chicago Bears select Trae Waynes. Back to back first round corners to combat the likes of Megatron, Jordy and Cobb.

Don't see how they don't go D here. Could also see Shane, Randy or Bud (maybe a lil high here). Just not buying the Danny Shelton hype. They drafted Sutton last year. Landon is more of a SS and the Bears have Mundy and Rolle there and 7 may be a bit high for Landon. Trae could also be considered high right now but you can never not have enough corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

With their 1st round pick, Atlanta selects Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa.

I know most are thinking that Dan Quinn will be looking to score a top-rated defensive player here. With Beasley, Waynes, Fowler, and Williams off the board, I'm not convinced that there is a defensive guy worth a top-10 pick here.

I was hoping Trae Waynes would drop, but the Bears pounced on him.

I like Randy Gregory and I like Shane Ray, but I'm not sure they were good fits for Dan Quinn's defense. Gregory's height/weight measurements scared me off as well. I kept thinking about Barkevious Mingo and how he gets swallowed up by offensive linemen. Danny Shelton is another guy I considered, but I don't know if he is a good scheme fit. Plus, the Falcons already have Paul Soliali and Ra'Shede Hageman.

I did strongly consider Bud Dupree here because I think he could be a special player, but I wasn't sure I could justify a top-10 pick for him either.

I feel that Scherff does three very important things for the Falcons from Day-1.

1) He can start right away at either guard position, which is good because the Falcons just cut Justin Blalock (their starting LG from last season) and Jon Asamoah is just "ok".

2) Sam Baker, their LT, is seemingly always dealing with a nagging injury which means last year's top pick - Jake Matthews - will likely see increased playing time at LT, so Scherff would be a natural fit to move over to RT.

3) Matt Ryan was sacked 31 times last season (15th most) and the Falcons' top-3 running backs averaged 3.75 yards per carry.

Bottom line - the offensive line was not very good last year, but adding Scherff would likely make it a strength.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Safe pick and needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

With the 9th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the New York Giants select Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford.

The War Room in East Rutherford was in an absolute frenzy leading up to the pick so let's go inside and see how it unfolded.

The Giants absolutely could not believe that Kevin White was still on the board at number 9. Coaches were salivating envisioning Odell Beckham Jr., Victor Cruz, and Kevin White offering a three-headed monster better than any in recent memory. They love White's speed, large frame and playmaking ability, but they also realize that even if Eli Manning were throwing to Jerry Rice, Michael Irving and Randy Moss, he cannot make plays if he's on his back.

Thus, the selection is Peat. He is a big-bodied, athletic tackle that will be the day-1 starter at right tackle with the potential to anchor the left side one day. The Giants plan on moving former first-rounder Justin Pugh (who has disappointed) inside to guard. Peat can help keep Manning upright and can create holes for a quality back in Rashard Jennings. Peat is as pro-ready as any tackle in the Draft, and is a high-character prospect with no off-the-field red flags which is always a major consideration for Tom Coughlin and company.

With some of the best coaching in the league, the Giants will turn Peat into a Pro Bowler, and get back on their feet in the NFC East.

Here were some other considerations at pick #9:

There was still great value at pass rusher at this point. Shane Ray and Randy Gregory are absolute studs who the team felt more than comfortable selecting here. With Jason Pierre-Paul receiving the franchise tag for 2015, not only would one of these rookie pass rushers learn from a great player in JPP, but having a potential replacement on board could give the front office leverage going into long-term contract negotiations with Pierre-Paul next year.

Danny Shelton is also in the mix as a quality run-stuffer in a division featuring many quality running backs, but the Giants weren't as high on Shelton as some other teams, and in the end Peat is the guy they've had their eye on from the start and will provide instant plug-and-play production.

The Nick Foles-led St. Louis Rams are now on the clock.