Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

GODell threatens to negate contracts like McPhee?

Interesting read here
    http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nu...gency-blunder/

It all led to an angry memo on Monday from the league office to all 32 teams: “Clubs were advised of the rules for the three-day negotiating period. … These rules include limitations such as that a club cannot make an ‘offer;’ or enter into a written or oral agreement of any kind, express or implied, or make promises or representations of any type concerning the terms or conditions of employment to be offered to any Unrestricted Free Agent for inclusion in a Player Contract after the start of the new League Year; or provide assurances of intent as to the future execution of an NFL Player Contract.”

Now? The NFL is investigating teams that successfully negotiated during the negotiating period the NFL invented.
    Article quotes Mark Maske of the Washington Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/s...-slim-it-will/
    NFL’s investigation of the issue is not completed, called it “possible” that contracts would be disallowed if convincing evidence is uncovered that deals were struck in violation of the rules set by the league for the so-called legal tampering period.
    Probably not but sure looks like an inmate is running the asylum
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Re: GODell threatens to negate contracts like McPhee?

The league gives teams proper notice of the legal tampering period, teams violate said rules and it's somehow Goodell's fault?

Ponderous.

So if they disallow any, can't the team and player just turn right back around and make the same deal, or will the league not allow them to sign with that team period? Kinda pointless to disallow it only for it to happen again anyway.

Teams can theoretically swoop in and steal a player. I think that's the wrinkle.

Blog Entries

[QUOTEProbably not but sure looks like an inmate is running the asylum[/QUOTE]

That's what I posted last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Regardless if it has merit or not, the problem is it has Greedells name attached to it. And his opinion level is lower than i think anyone in history. If the NFL wants to keep the fans, you know those dumb idiots that bring in the money,than they need to get rid of him. By any means neccisary.

Blog Entries

Goodell is a piece of shit

goodell is is useless. i think only pats fans like him as seen on this board

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Goodell is a piece of shit
    Based on this? I'm with HoustonRaven. Teams were warned about this multiple times. The Dolphins leaking everything possible I wrote had to be tampering when it happened. They need to take some sort of action.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Based on this? I'm with HoustonRaven. Teams were warned about this multiple times. The Dolphins leaking everything possible I wrote had to be tampering when it happened. They need to take some sort of action.
    Was it really the Dolphin's leaking information? I had the real impression it was Suh and his agent leaking information. And What agent wouldn't be excited about the Deal! He has made a fortune on it.

Blog Entries

smart teams don't leak until the player signs the dotted line.
    And some fans may not like Goodell but look at the revenue stream constantly increasing. I think the owners like that and he works for them. If they didn't like it Goodell wouldn't be paid millions

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Puppy View Post
    Was it really the Dolphin's leaking information? I had the real impression it was Suh and his agent leaking information. And What agent wouldn't be excited about the Deal! He has made a fortune on it.
    The Dolphins were not allowed to close the deal until Tuesday at 4. The NFL gave out clear rules about what was allowed and what wasn't in that 3 day window before free agency. They even sent a memo to every team that ended up on PFT. What the Dolphins and a bunch of other teams did was to ignore that memo and violate the rules.