Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

John Harbaugh at Michigan

Looks like Michigan is getting the full Harbaugh treatment

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/harbaug...0798--nfl.html

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) -- Jim Harbaugh and his brother can joke about the time they coached against each other in the Super Bowl, but when John Harbaugh showed up to be the featured speaker at Michigan's spring football clinic, the two siblings were very much on the same page.

Blog Entries

Re: John Harbaugh at Michigan

From the link:
    John Harbaugh, the coach of the Baltimore Ravens, addressed the uneasiness many fans and parents have about football these days - concerns that have even been echoed by President Barack Obama.

''Our President now - I love our President, I've met him twice - he said he would not allow his son to play football,'' John Harbaugh said. ''And that's not his fault, he's just going by what he reads. He's going by what he hears.''
    Interesting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    From the link:

Interesting.
    John Harbaugh isn't going to diss a President he's met twice even if he didn't vote for him. He essentially finishes out the quote by saying Obama is ignorant of the facts in so many words. Besides when the Ravens make the trip in 2016 to the White House this will just makes thing easier. :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    From the link:

Interesting.
    Maybe he means as a man. Regardless of how you feel about the politician, I am sure the father, husband, and sports fan is a solid guy.

Why would you try to turn this into a political discussion? No one cares, we're here for football.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Why would you try to turn this into a political discussion? No one cares, we're here for football.
    I was more worried that posters would be upset that Harbaugh was in Michigan instead of talking to free agents. I never thought it would end up as a political debate

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I was more worried that posters would be upset that Harbaugh was in Michigan instead of talking to free agents. I never thought it would end up as a political debate
    Isn't talking to free agents Ozzie's job?

Blog Entries

I was more worried that posters would be upset that Harbaugh was in Michigan instead of talking to free agents...
    G'man, everybody knows John H. takes a long vacation after football season and doesn't think about FAs. Meanwhile, Ozzie is "sitting on his hands." Matter of fact, the entire Ravens org. doesn't get with the FA program until about a week before training camp ;) ... Bc

Blog Entries

Just watched one of the videos on br.com. Harbs is kind of a fiery guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Isn't talking to free agents Ozzie's job?
    Free agency is a lot like recruiting. Often the head coach is the pitch man. 1 day away I'm sure doesn't matter.

They only get upset at Flacco for spending time with his family instead of organizing personal mini camps with the receivers.. Harbaugh is untouchable in regards to where he goes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    They only get upset at Flacco for spending time with his family instead of organizing personal mini camps with the receivers.. Harbaugh is untouchable in regards to where he goes.
    I wouldn't say that. Harbs was at a college football campus. There is nothing that anyone can tell me to convince me that Harbs wasn't working in some way, even if he didn't intend to. Wouldn't surprise me if he asked around about some of Michigans guys in this years draft and I am 100% sure he was taking mental notes of who did what right in practice. He's a football coach it is what he does.