Page 4 of 255 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: The Deflate Gate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    :word
    numbers dont lie and those fumbling statistics over the last 5 or so years stick out like a sore thumb
    Facts can be used to manipulate however you want it to. Here are fumbles since the rule change on who handles footballs.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/why-t...mos-1681805710

That writer who originally posted that data to incriminate the Pats took the 5 years that fit his argument best. But if you look at the graphs above, it's not as skewed as he made it look.

Also starting 2010, we dealt Randy Moss and changed our offense to a crazy fast no-huddle where Brady used 5 yard outs as his main weapon to keep drives going. You can't fumble when you're out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Ok, we have a different opinion. Did you need to get all shitty?
    HR upset that someone got shitty. Come on now, pal. Practice what you preach
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Ok, we have a different opinion. Did you need to get all shitty?
    In all sincerity I will say that I have gained enormous insights from your posts and respect your insights tremendously, but I thought the causation not equaling correlation post was a bit condescending.

Listen, I just enjoy hating on Patriots, not on fellow Ravens fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    In all sincerity I will say that I have gained enormous insights from your posts and respect your insights tremendously, but I thought the causation not equaling correlation post was a bit condescending.

Listen, I just enjoy hating on Patriots, not on fellow Ravens fans.
    Fair enough ....

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    LOL, ignore can make the thread better. Been doing it for a while and enjoy others opinions . To be called out on an opinion ruins the spirit of the thread. RSR has some great posters, enjoy them, they make RSR what it is.
    I thought the new deflate thread was going to avoid confrontation.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    LOL, ignore can make the thread better. Been doing it for a while and enjoy others opinions . To be called out on an opinion ruins the spirit of the thread. RSR has some great posters, enjoy them, they make RSR what it is.
    It isn't an RSR thread without some confrontation
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Dang, New thread same as the Old thread

Hope some here will appreciate the ironic use of these words

And this time the insults are "friendly fire"
    Last edited by Rosdaman; 02-25-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Isn't he a bit of a Belichick fan/apologist? I figured that is why he is quick to poo-poo this whole thing.

This really should be a simple investigation. If the initial reports of 11 of 12 footballs were under inflated at halftime, then the Patriots cheated. It really is that simple. Debating what difference it would have made is pointless. Nobody outside of New England believes the Colt's game was the first time they tried it. There is a rule for proper football inflation. If both teams passed the pre game inspection and only one team failed the inspection at halftime, that takes away any atmospheric blame. This could have been wrapped up real quickly, but for some reason the NFL has chosen to drag it out, and now you get a ton of different stories. None of it matters. All that matters is if the balls changed pressure while in possession of the Patriots. The NFL shouldn't have investigated if they didn't want to take action.

The Deflate Gate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    Isn't he a bit of a Belichick fan/apologist? I figured that is why he is quick to poo-poo this whole thing.
    You can ask me directly and I'll tell you directly.

I am a Belichick fan going back to his Navy days and his father. I think he cheated in Spygate and believe the evidence is inconclusive at best with deflate-gate.

I also believe regardless of the malice involved, he should still be punished for this under the precedent set in Bountygate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I was just trying to be a dink (it worked)

In all seriousness, I'm in the same standing as HR. To me this is all ridiculous. It wouldn't have changed the games IMHO. I'm just sick of people talking about it.
    - Ray Lewis

I was just trying to be a dink (it worked)

In all seriousness, I'm in the same standing as HR. To me this is all ridiculous. It wouldn't have changed the games IMHO. I'm just sick of people talking about it.
    If it doesn't change the games then why have such a narrow window for regulation inflation? If football is truly a game of inches it certainly could have affected our playoff losses against the Cheats. I remember watching an episode of "How It's Made" where they did footballs, and even the number of stitches has to be precise. If a few PSI doesn't matter then let's just let them play with nerf balls if they are more comfortable with it. If it doesn't matter, then why even chance doing it? Why would Brady make that strange joke about Gronk spiking the ball and letting some air out?