Blog Entries

A FS in first round? Here's the list.

With everyone saying a CB or WR in the first round for Ravens how
    about a FS. An article on the Ravens site say they're losing patience with
    Elam and Brooks was injured so a FS might be in order in the first round
    to put with Hill.

Article said Webbie and Jimmy will be back and AsA
    and Hill. They might sign an IH or Pollard for DB like
    before so might they go for a FS. They got Hill on the cheap last year.

It really looks more like a WR or TE in the first round but
    don't rule out FS if one is there whom Ozzie likes or
    trade down for one.

Here's the list. See anyone you like?

http://www.drafttek.com/2015-NFL-Dra...2015-Draft.asp

Here's that article from Eisenberg.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...7-1bcace28cf82
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-15-2015 at 08:59 PM.

Re: A FS in first round? Here's the list.

Not in the first.

This group of safeties aren't very good.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

No. Too many high rd picks in the secondary.

Blog Entries

The only safety worth a round 1 pick is Landon Collins, which would be sick. He won't last until the 26th pick though.

I could see them going safety in the middle rounds.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The Ravens invested a 3rd round pick in Brooks, who was disappointing/then injured. He will have an entire off-season to heal and be coached-up. This looks like a weak slate @ FS, and I would not use a 1st round pick on any of them... Bc

6. Re: A FS in first round? Here's the list.

I wouldn't say Brooks was disappointing. He had some plays he could have made. Two that stand out are the big play at the end of the Cincy game and the INT he could have had at the half vs Saints. Those were disappointing plays, but I think overall he flashed some really good ability and head hunting prowess. For a guy that was learning the defense with nobody else back there outside of Webb knowing what is going on, I would not say disappointing. Again, that's not to say he didn't have some disappointing plays, but I don't think there were too many of those. I think the disappointing thing is we moved him around too much and should have just put him at FS and let him learn that. I think he'll come in this year and play fast. Less guessing when you know what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The only safety worth a round 1 pick is Landon Collins, which would be sick. He won't last until the 26th pick though.

I could see them going safety in the middle rounds.
    I agree with this. Its a weak safety class. Byron Jones (who had the 12'3" broad jump) playes both CB and FS and might be a nice prospect for that "Dollar Back". Not sure if he makes it quite as high as late 1st rd, but he's a mid-early 2nd rd. If they're selecting DB in round he's my choice.

Brooks had a pick sitting in his lap and instead they got a TD. He has ALOT to prove. Im glad now that we got Lewis. At least hes a serviceable FS. Hill at SS unless Elam suddenly proves himself. But right now it looks like oir past 2 HIGH draft picks at S areflops. Which really looks bad on Oz. Actually not him. But our scouts really suck.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanatic View Post
    Brooks had a pick sitting in his lap and instead they got a TD. He has ALOT to prove. Im glad now that we got Lewis. At least hes a serviceable FS. Hill at SS unless Elam suddenly proves himself. But right now it looks like oir past 2 HIGH draft picks at S areflops. Which really looks bad on Oz. Actually not him. But our scouts really suck.
    I'll agree on Elam looking like a bust. As for Brooks, I don't see a bust at all. I see a rookie with flashes of talent who made a couple boneheaded rookie mistakes. He was just starting to get it when he got hurt.

So Biscotti said at the PSL holder conference that he would like to see a CB or Pass Rusher selected with the #26. He also said that their new stance on DV will affect who they bring in.

To me that would certainly disqualify Dorial Green-Beckham in ANY round and I doubt he gets humbled by a even drastic drop. If you look at Da'Rick Rogers who was considered a solid first round pick and then went undrafted because of his major character concerns and still couldn't develop with either the Bills or Colts.

Washington's CB Marcus Peters has a ton of character flaws and is thought by many to be the top CB in 2015 draft. Could he be this year's Jimmy Smith? And to be fair, Jimmy's had some recent off field garbage lately too.

I would think that Randy Gregory, if he fell due to his failed drug test to #26, might be off (or way, way down) the Ravens board despite not being a DV case.