Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

YOUR Favorite Ravens Moment(s)...Not The Obvious

20 For 20: 20 Ravens Memories from 20 writers...

We launched the first of 20, Ravens Wreck The Steelers

But what are some of your favorite Ravens memories that aren't as obvious or are personal to you?

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: YOUR Favorite Ravens Moment(s)...Not The Obvious

The Week 3 win in 2012 vs. the Patriots. My Grandfather would pass away the next morning in his sleep, so it makes it more special knowing that my last memory of him was him watching his favorite team win one more game. Just wish he could've seen the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    The Week 3 win in 2012 vs. the Patriots. My Grandfather would pass away the next morning in his sleep, so it makes it more special knowing that my last memory of him was him watching his favorite team win one more game. Just wish he could've seen the Super Bowl.
    :respect

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

There are so many, but other than the first game, against Oakland, in Memorial Stadium, and other than the games that I have shared with my children growing up and my grandson in 2012, my Favorite Ravens Moment was....

The first Playoff Game, against the Denver Broncos.

To set the stage, I was on a cruise with my family and had to try to get the final result of the Ravens-Jets game while at sea before knowing that they qualified. The Cruise Line went bankrupt while in-between ports and had to by-pass one since they could not guarantee payment for fuel. We made it to Aruba to fly out on Saturday, but the whole East Coast was socked in because of a winter storm. We were stuck in the airport while we waited to be able to fly back to BWI. I was on edge because I was guaranteeing that I was making it back and digging the Van out of a pile of snow to get to the game. I made it home with the family by 5:30 AM Sunday, slept an hour and a half and met the gang to tailgate in the cold at Lot G.

And then I got to see the 2000 Baltimore Ravens win their first Playoff Game by pounding the Denver Broncos 21-3.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

For me, and I don't recall the game, I think it was the year we last won the Super Bowl. The defense was on the field, whoever we were playing were pinned back on their end of the field. It was a commercial time out. T-Sizzle started dancing a little jig. Then, Ray Lewis who was standing nearby got the vibe. Next thing Ed Reed had a little shake going and a few other players were doing a little bugging as the music played. I don't recall the song, all I remember looking back that moment, some of the greatest players ever, were having fun, being kids, and I got to watch a few seconds along with a few thousand a moment suspended in time, a moment that will never happen again.

The 2006 Chargers game sticks out in my mind in particular. I still remember going crazy watching that game in college when Heap caught a pass from McNair, and lunged into the end zone with like 30 seconds left on the clock to seal the win. It was an early-season game too, but I remember the Chargers were already establishing themselves as an elite team that season, so getting the win over them was huge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7wn5Bqkgdg

Ed Reed's record breaking pick six vs the Eagles in 2008. I was fortunate to be sitting in the (upper level) endzone where he caught the ball. The game was pretty much decided but it was amazing to witness the greatness of THE BEST safety ever. Reed was my favorite football player ever. The reason I began playing football was watching Ed make plays. I had to tear up a little because I knew I just watched history in motion. Second loudest I have ever heard the stadium next to Ray's last dance.

Blog Entries

For me it was when I said to my sister-in-law, "Here's a hundred bucks, beat it, I wanna watch the Ravens game in peace." She replied, "Keep your money, I still have some left over from last week's Ravens game." ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Ed Reed's record breaking pick six vs the Eagles in 2008. I was fortunate to be sitting in the (upper level) endzone where he caught the ball. The game was pretty much decided but it was amazing to witness the greatness of THE BEST safety ever. Reed was my favorite football player ever. The reason I began playing football was watching Ed make plays. I had to tear up a little because I knew I just watched history in motion. Second loudest I have ever heard the stadium next to Ray's last dance.
    That was awesome.. I was at that game too with some family of mine who happen to be Igglz fans, how sweet.

As for another favorite of mine...

50 seconds remaining up a point against the Jets 2 and 10... R Lew 52 Sledgehammer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxt_Pn3soPE

I never thought that game was in doubt, especially after that hit.

Oher's rookie year, preseason game against the Redskins. His helmet gets knocked off and he still flat-backs the defensive end.

Just a great damned play in a game that meant nothing.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

And we never saw it from him again but that was a p*ssy hit compared to
    Goose's hit on Gannon in the POs as Goose was fined $10,000.

This is my favorite hit of all time and favorite moments. I knew we were going
    to win SB 35. It was on the road in the Black Hole.

It was the ugliest hit on a QB since Taylor hit Theisman and his bone popped out
    of his leg. Goose just didn't hit him but drove him into the ground like a hammer
    on a nail. Goose swears he wasn't trying to hurt him but McCrary
    had already roughed and softened Gannon up and Goose was trying to knock him out.

Just note that final pounce on Gannon after he's on the ground like a hammer
    on a nail.

See film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C__R2dGa6qs
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-11-2015 at 05:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Great article on Baltimore's Loud Mouth. He's witty, charming and crude-lol. My
    all time favorite Raven ala Arty DGonovan.

http://articles.latimes.com/2001/jan/24/sports/sp-16311
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-11-2015 at 05:54 AM.