Page 5 of 312 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: 2016 Presidential Race

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Hilary is not remotely dead in the water, imo. people are desperate and trying to drum up anything they can against her. If solely using a private email address for govt related business vs sometimes using like her predecessors is the biggest thing they can come up with, its kind of sad.

if the daily show has taught us anything its that ALL politicians are hypocrites in time. I dont remotely see this effecting anything because its before any real debates are even taking place and thats where shell likely shine anyway.
    It's not people desperate to drum up anything. It's the Dem party tiring of having to deal with issues like these. Whitewater, the Rose Law Firm records, avoiding sniper fire, I was named after Sir Edmund Hilary....... Bill is the liked Clinton. Hilary, not so much. And it seems pretty clear that the media is tired of carrying water for their foibles, especially since it was the NYT that broke this email story big.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    It's not people desperate to drum up anything. It's the Dem party tiring of having to deal with issues like these. Whitewater, the Rose Law Firm records, avoiding sniper fire, I was named after Sir Edmund Hilary....... Bill is the liked Clinton. Hilary, not so much. And it seems pretty clear that the media is tired of carrying water for their foibles, especially since it was the NYT that broke this email story big.
    Yup. And that it was Valerie Jarrett who leaked the story to the NYT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    And JAB... Since when was The Daily Show supposed to teach us something. You know that's a comedy show, right? :p
    its a sad comedy because its true usually.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

its a sad comedy because its true usually.
    I thought that at one point, but while funny he's just a hypocrite too. I don't remember exactly what it was ( I could maybe look if I find the time) but he was calling out Hannity for saying Obama lied, and pointed out Hannity left out information, when that is EXACTLY what Stewart did to say Hannity lied.

I remember thinking, damn Hannity you lying mofo, then I researched and found out it was Stewart who was lying (in this case).

I hate to be so general, but I just don't recall what it was exactly.

As expected, her favorability rating takes a small hit ...

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/ken...-by-email-saga

Again, it will be how she handles this, not the scandal itself, that will dictate her viability down the road.

Blog Entries

I thought that at one point, but while funny he's just a hypocrite too. I don't remember exactly what it was ( I could maybe look if I find the time) but he was calling out Hannity for saying Obama lied, and pointed out Hannity left out information, when that is EXACTLY what Stewart did to say Hannity lied.

I remember thinking, damn Hannity you lying mofo, then I researched and found out it was Stewart who was lying (in this case).

I hate to be so general, but I just don't recall what it was exactly.
    not saying hes without fault, so one instance isnt going to change much for me. Hes right far more often than wrong from what ive found.

in this instance i was referrring to his show always using older clips showing them saying one thing and then saying the exact opposite in another. Almost every show has some form of that, which is why I said its the one thing we should learn from it.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

not saying hes without fault, so one instance isnt going to change much for me. Hes right far more often than wrong from what ive found.

in this instance i was referrring to his show always using older clips showing them saying one thing and then saying the exact opposite in another. Almost every show has some form of that, which is why I said its the one thing we should learn from it.
    It's one example that I remember of a show I've watched 20 times. It's a bit hypocritical to not like the politicians he's saying are hypocrites, but not hold it against him when he's being a hypocrite, don't ya think?

Blog Entries

It's one example that I remember of a show I've watched 20 times. It's a bit hypocritical to not like the politicians he's saying are hypocrites, but not hold it against him when he's being a hypocrite, don't ya think?
    well besides your example being completely generic to the point I have no idea what it is let alone if its true... no. hes a comedian, theyre politicians. i like to hold my politicians to a little higher standard of honesty than my comedians.

besides that one time means hes not perfect, repeated offenses ring more true to me. If you watched more than 20 shows youd probably see that when he has been proven wrong hes apologized or corrected it in the past.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

well besides your example being completely generic to the point I have no idea what it is let alone if its true... no. hes a comedian, theyre politicians. i like to hold my politicians to a little higher standard of honesty than my comedians.
    Oh I get it, When he lies he's not being serious he's being funny so it's totally okay.

Whether you see it or not, or admit it or not you definitely have a double standard here

besides that one time means hes not perfect, repeated offenses ring more true to me. If you watched more than 20 shows youd probably see that when he has been proven wrong hes apologized or corrected it in the past.
    So do politicians, but they keep lying.

Blog Entries

Oh I get it, When he lies he's not being serious he's being funny so it's totally okay.

Whether you see it or not, or admit it or not you definitely have a double standard here

So do politicians, but they keep lying.
    i described a double standard if you see comedians and politicians on the same level. I have no idea why youd put them on the same level, but thats your choice. if you want to put him on the same level as a news reporter id sooner see it, but ill gladly take the daily show over anything on fox news as far as truth goes, so if im comparing him to those peers, hes still better than most.
    -JAB

i described a double standard if you see comedians and politicians on the same level. I have no idea why youd put them on the same level, but thats your choice. if you want to put him on the same level as a news reporter id sooner see it, but ill gladly take the daily show over anything on fox news as far as truth goes, so if im comparing him to those peers, hes still better than most.
    The fact folks choose a comedy outlet over any one network is the larger problem.

If you want the truth, reading all kinds of outlets with all kinds of biases are needed. I am just as leery as the devout FNC viewer as I am the MSNBC viewer, Daily Show viewer, etc.

I will defend Fox on one show though. Special Report is by far the most centric of all the shows out there IMO. The first 45 minutes is straight reporting and their 15 minute roundtable at the end always has one conservative, one liberal and a centrist.

Blog Entries

I'm not putting him on any level, other than not being a hypocrite when calling out other people for being hypocrites.

You're saying you're cool with it, I'm saying don't be a hypocrite, that's all.