Page 3 of 312 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2016 Presidential Race

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Nobody gets the flu from the flu vaccine. That's an old wives tail that's not supported by the science.

You're still getting the flu because you got a strain not covered by the shot.
    And the new flumist is injected directly into the nasal membrane, which is where immunity against the flu will be built. So, yes, you may get a cold or the sniffles after getting the mist, but that's not necessarily the flu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    And the new flumist is injected directly into the nasal membrane, which is where immunity against the flu will be built. So, yes, you may get a cold or the sniffles after getting the mist, but that's not necessarily the flu.
    Good point.

I always get the shot. Haven't had the flu in 10+ years. Got plenty of colds though, thanks to my daughter.

Blog Entries

2016 Presidential Race

Good point.

I always get the shot. Haven't had the flu in 10+ years. Got plenty of colds though, thanks to my daughter.
    I've gotten both. Got the needle version this past season and have been a-ok.

One problem of the vaxxer vs anti-vaxxer movement is a lot of this preys on emotion. It's a public health thing and people get emotional when they talk about their kids and their safety.

Politicians and the media perpetuate misinformation and prey on the emotional.

That guy that I was talking about a few posts above that called into the radio flat out correlated vaccines with peanut allergies because when he was young he had never heard of anyone with a peanut allergy. I'm assuming the guy is in his 50's, which means he was a kid in the 1960's. No shit he didn't know anyone with a peanut allergy back then because most people didn't think that food allergies were even a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I've gotten both. Got the needle version this past season and have been a-ok.

One problem of the vaxxer vs anti-vaxxer movement is a lot of this preys on emotion. It's a public health thing and people get emotional when they talk about their kids and their safety.

Politicians and the media perpetuate misinformation and prey on the emotional.

That guy that I was talking about a few posts above that called into the radio flat out correlated vaccines with peanut allergies because when he was young he had never heard of anyone with a peanut allergy. I'm assuming the guy is in his 50's, which means he was a kid in the 1960's. No shit he didn't know anyone with a peanut allergy back then because most people didn't think that food allergies were even a thing.
    Excellent points.

And since I don't have anywhere else to really talk about ... I just got awesome seats to see U2 at Madison Square Garden!!!!!!

Ok, back to the thread .... :)

Blog Entries

Nobody gets the flu from the flu vaccine. That's an old wives tail that's not supported by the science.

I know that, I just find it ironic that most people get the flu shot to protect against the fl and still end up getting the flu.

Knock on wood, I've never had the flu despite being in a house full of people who have had it, so I'm just not that concerned with it. Plus, you ever read about how they make the vaccine? I know it's safe and been around forever but it is some weird shit: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vacci...ccine-made.htm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I know that, I just find it ironic that most people get the flu shot to protect against the fl and still end up getting the flu.

Knock on wood, I've never had the flu despite being in a house full of people who have had it, so I'm just not that concerned with it. Plus, you ever read about how they make the vaccine? I know it's safe and been around forever but it is some weird shit: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vacci...ccine-made.htm
    So - HR already knows this - but my wife is the Regulatory Manager for FluMist. The process by which the flu vaccine is made is incredibly tedious and includes lengthy trials on an annual basis. It's crazy how much bureaucracy is involved in the process and the paperwork on the backend is insane.

Blog Entries

or flu like symptoms from the shot. if you get those, and they last a few days, then getting the shot was pretty pointless, imo. Thats more than likely what I got, but if youre miserable, youre miserable and the antibodies are going to be made whether you inject them or get them yourself.

theres actually science involved that says some of these shots are actually counter productive. Im not saying the deadly ones or that they injure you somehow, but ones like the flu its acutally helping it become stronger by mutating and building resistance. I cant find the article i read but it went into how HIV or Aids is actually becoming weaker and less resistant due to the fact that we havent been able to find a "cure", which is helping us be able to fight it now. Kind of goes into the guessing game of the flu, its hard to keep up with the mutations and which ones we need to get ahead of, because theres so many.

Crazy how some of these diseases and viruses can adapt and understand that being to deadly kills itself off.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    or flu like symptoms from the shot. if you get those, and they last a few days, then getting the shot was pretty pointless, imo. Thats more than likely what I got, but if youre miserable, youre miserable and the antibodies are going to be made whether you inject them or get them yourself.

theres actually science involved that says some of these shots are actually counter productive. Im not saying the deadly ones or that they injure you somehow, but ones like the flu its acutally helping it become stronger by mutating and building resistance. I cant find the article i read but it went into how HIV or Aids is actually becoming weaker and less resistant due to the fact that we havent been able to find a "cure", which is helping us be able to fight it now. Kind of goes into the guessing game of the flu, its hard to keep up with the mutations and which ones we need to get ahead of, because theres so many.

Crazy how some of these diseases and viruses can adapt and understand that being to deadly kills itself off.
    I'd like to see those studies and see if they've been peer reviewed.

Blog Entries

I'd like to see those studies and see if they've been peer reviewed.
    good question. it was an interesting article though, ill post if I have better luck finding it.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I like Walker more than the other guys so far, but it's very early. I also like Ben Carson.

As far as the vaccine thing being a ruse, that's true. It died quickly after research showed Hillary had been on both sides of the issue.

If I live to be 1000 I'll never understand the infatuation with Hillary. She hasn't accomplished anything of substance and is as much of a liar as Bill, but much more unlikeable.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Not to turn this into a vaccine thread, but a friend of mine on Facebook actually posted this morning that the media is making up these stories about people contracting measles.