Page 2 of 312 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2016 Presidential Race

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He's made a lot of enemies here. I doubt he'd carry Texas if he ran.
    That would be insane if that were to happen.

Blog Entries

Can I just be glad Mitt Romney was forced out before he even started?

Paul still is my pick of the bunch from the right, though he says some stuff i really dont know where hes coming from. Id like to hear more from Rubio. I dislike Cruz with a passion and why is Rick Perry even trying? the guy didnt know his own policies.

Hillary might as well just be called the nominee for the Democrats. Biden, Coumo and Omalley arent going to even get close to winning that one.

I still probably prefer Gary Johnston over all of them, but im waiting to see how the debates go.

Hillary likely wins and probably wont even be as close as Romney got.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That would be insane if that were to happen.
    There's a fair chance he won't get reelected here.

I voted for him when he ran but that was my last time. He's said some very odd things about immigration recently.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There's a fair chance he won't get reelected here.

I voted for him when he ran but that was my last time. He's said some very odd things about immigration recently.
    I've not been paying much attention so I'm not sure what's going on recently. Anything specific he said?

I've not been paying much attention so I'm not sure what's going on recently. Anything specific he said?
    It's been a while so I'd have to look for it. I'm in the middle of trying to reinstall my OSX on my Mac.

Blog Entries

Just heard some guy on the radio stating that doctors have no idea what is in vaccines. They just are issued them and give them to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just heard some guy on the radio stating that doctors have no idea what is in vaccines. They just are issued them and give them to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But they are tested and go through all kinds of trials before being released. The doctors don't need to know everything about them.

I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of putting chemicals in my body (wish I could have had that stance with drugs in high school) but my kids get their vaccines and I will to if I need them.

I don't do the flu vaccine though, I've never had the flu and a lot of people I know get the vaccine get the flu anyway.

Blog Entries

But they are tested and go through all kinds of trials before being released. The doctors don't need to know everything about them.

I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of putting chemicals in my body (wish I could have had that stance with drugs in high school) but my kids get their vaccines and I will to if I need them.

I don't do the flu vaccine though, I've never had the flu and a lot of people I know get the vaccine get the flu anyway.
    Flu vaccine is more or less a crapshoot during the development phase. Albeit a very educated crapshoot. For example, I got the needle shot this year which is not a live strain. Didn't get sick. My friend got the FluMist, which is a live strain and they did get sick.

And yes, doctors are educated and informed about what is in each vaccine that comes on the market. It would be horribly unwise for them not to be (malpractice suits). Additionally, a lot of the vaccines on the market have publicly available literature on them, so everyday folks can do a little Googling and answer a lot of their own questions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Flu vaccine is more or less a crapshoot during the development phase. Albeit a very educated crapshoot. For example, I got the needle shot this year which is not a live strain. Didn't get sick. My friend got the FluMist, which is a live strain and they did get sick.

And yes, doctors are educated and informed about what is in each vaccine that comes on the market. It would be horribly unwise for them not to be (malpractice suits). Additionally, a lot of the vaccines on the market have publicly available literature on them, so everyday folks can do a little Googling and answer a lot of their own questions.
    I thought you said some guy said doctors have no idea what's in vaccines? Regardless, my point is that doctors may know about them, but I don't think doctors know everythingabout them, so that wouldn't be a surprise to me

Blog Entries

I thought you said some guy said doctors have no idea what's in vaccines? Regardless, my point is that doctors may know about them, but I don't think doctors know everythingabout them, so that wouldn't be a surprise to me
    Oh, my bad, that was just some random dude calling into a radio show on my drive home. Based on his...word choice...I'm going to assume he isn't an MD or PhD. :-)

Blog Entries

Me neither. i dont even take cold medicine unless the Zinc and C I take doesnt knock it out after a few days.

Everytime ive gotten the flu shot ive gotten sick and those are the only times ive really gotten the Flu since I was a kid. Just not worth it to me. Seems my immune system is doing quite well on its own.

That said, risk of passing the flu vs all of these other diseases that vaccines prevent is night and day. Im not sure how I feel about the government mandating them (maybe insurance should demand it?), but its probably the right choice as its something effecting all of us by the choice of a few. Kind of similar to smoking inside restaurants or businesses. Takes the choice away for the rest of us.
    -JAB

Nobody gets the flu from the flu vaccine. That's an old wives tail that's not supported by the science.

You're still getting the flu because you got a strain not covered by the shot.