Page 1 of 23 123 ... LastLast

Ravens Offered Torrey Smith 7 mil per year before season

Per Jason LaCanfora

@JasonLaCanfora
    I heard Ravens offered T.Smith 5yrs/$35M before the season with $19M guaranteed. $7M/yr is very fair. Smith started slow; finished strong

Re: Ravens Offered Torrey Smith 7 mil per year before season

I think we have to look elsewhere
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Bet they won't be offering that this year. Torrey should have taken that money and ran. Joe Flacco he's not. Torrey rolled the dice and lost

And not 1 dime more, LOL.

Blog Entries

Can't believe he turned that down.

Oh well. The Ravens won't be offering him anymore than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Bet they won't be offering that this year. Torrey should have taken that money and ran. Joe Flacco he's not. Torrey rolled the dice and lost
    He have Ngata's agent?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    :word to mah muvah

Collectively, we all did a good job at pegging his max worth at $6.5M, but I think he gets offered less from Ozzie, and more from someone else. There would been much more anger from the locals had he signed that bad boy though...smh
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I would pay him 5.5-6M max..anymore than that and he can walk

That was a great offer for Smith. If he wants to try and squeeze out 500k - 1m more from a crappy team have at it. This will be one of those shortsighted moves. He is comfortable and loves the MD area. He has a QB that can throw him the deep ball. A team that knows how to use him because they drafted him. He will sign for more for another team and the fans will be all over him for not meeting expectations.

I trust that Ozzie will make a fair offer to Torrey, who is a difficult player to nail down, salary-wise. Does he deserve a little more, being a model citizen and excellent role model, even a graduate of the local college? Surely, if he had Josh Gordon off-the-field issues, those would be (negatively) taken into account. Should the opposite be true? If a player who represents the team/area with pride, honor, dignity, and class get a slight bump in his salary? Let's face it, there's no player on the team (maybe Flacco) who I'd be more shocked to hear failed a drug test, got a DUI, or was arrested for this or that. Or does being a good citizen fall under Chris Rock's "that's stuff you're SUPPOSED to do!"?

It's kind of sad that Torrey being such a good guy seems like such a rarity in the NFL these days.

This is really surprising, and I think it's bad news for the Ravens if they want to keep Torrey as well.

I think it would be difficult to frame negotiations, given the previous 5/$35M offer. I don't think we can/want to pay him that much now, so what can you say? "Torrey - we reeeeeaally want you to stay in Baltimore, but you had a pretty mediocre season, so we're gonna take a few million off that offer you rejected last year... fair is fair. But we really want you!!!"

I don't think so man. Athletes don't like to hear that, especially ones that reject a 7M/year contract from their hometown team... I'm preparing myself for a "Smith decides to test FA, prove Ravens wrong" story line now. I can see it already...

we cant offer torrey more, might offer less, our cap room is hell unless cap hit is small first year?

edit: was offer made before ray rice fiasco?