Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Honestly, I was underwhelmed when he got the job and was unimpressed the first season. But John is a very thorough coach and learns from his successes and mistakes. He has improved as a coach every year and I am happy he is ours.

Re: ESPN.com's AFC North coach of the year is....

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
    Honestly, I was underwhelmed when he got the job and was unimpressed the first season. But John is a very thorough coach and learns from his successes and mistakes. He has improved as a coach every year and I am happy he is ours.
    Wait...the season we went from 5-11 to 11-5 and reached the AFC championship?

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Well earned and well deserved. Hes not perfect by any stretch but like Peter King wrote recently it would be awesome if Harb turned out to have a Noll like length of career here.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    With a rookie QB no less.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    With a rookie QB no less.
    From an FCS school. Who had barely taken a snap from directly under center in his college career. Who came in as a projected 3rd-string development guy.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Yes. Because of in game handling of situations. You can evaluate a coach outside the W/L record.

BTW. I don't think Mike Tomlin is not a good coach and yet he has won games.

Blog Entries

I voted for Mike Pettini. Usually the Browns Head coach has been fired by now, but since he seems to be surviving January, I think it's a more daunting challenge than actually getting your team into the playoffs... Bc

Yes. Because of in game handling of situations. You can evaluate a coach outside the W/L record.
    Examples from 2008?

BTW. I don't think Mike Tomlin is not a good coach and yet he has won games.
    Wrong + Wrong record = Loss.

Harbs rookie season was impressive no matter what logic you use.. Starting with a rookie QB and basically no bye (Week two was our bye).

Tomlin one Lombardi and two AFC championships and not a good coach?

What is good coaches?