Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

When do you think Ozzie steps down?

A caller called in to 105.7 the fan and blamed ozzie for his bad drafting. My questions:
    1. When do you think Ozzie will step down? What's your prediction?
    2. Do you think Eric DeCosta will stay in the long run? Do you think Eric could do as a good a job as Ozzie?

Blog Entries

Re: When do you think Ozzie steps down?

1. When he fucking feels like it.

2. He's been here this long. Where is he going to go? He's already paid like a GM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensecity View Post
    A caller called in to 105.7 the fan and blamed ozzie for his bad drafting. My questions:
    2. Do you think Eric DeCosta will stay in the long run? Do you think Eric could do as a good a job as Ozzie?
    Bad drafting? He's had some misses and I've been pretty quick to criticize, but this past year's draft was a complete knock out of the park.

I didn't like the Mosley pick. Well, the guy is a rookie All-Pro. Jernigan? Was mixed on the pick, but the guy looks like he might make Ngata expendable next year. And just keep on going down the line--great picks in every round.

Just when you start opening your mouth to criticize the Wizard of Oz, he makes you look like a damn fool for ever having doubted him. I hope he's here 10 more years.

Why ask the question? He'll leave when he wants to. He isn't old and is at the top of the food chain.

Ted Thompson's older than Ozzie (not by much) and he's said that he's got a lot of years left in him. I'd expect Ozzie to have similar feelings.

Blog Entries

First mistake, listening to 105.7.

Now when Ozzie leaves? When Ozzie feels like it, anyone that says Ozzie isn't in the top 5, hell Top 3 of NFL GM's does not know football. Two years removed from a Super Bowl, two games into a very well contested Divisional round? Hell, people in Buffalo and Cleveland can only dream what that must be like.

Seems like this conversation is had every offseason, and it's pretty pointless. People can speculate all they want, but the bottom line is that only Ozzie and perhaps a few other people in the FO have any idea when he'll step down. Guessing about it serves no purpose.

Was it Brian from Owings Mills who called? He's bashed Ozzie for years, I can't stand that stupid prick (Brian).

I see what you did there. You felt compelled to take a random caller to a talk show and present his question here as if you aren't responsible. He isn't the one asking the question here, you are. Man up and be accountable for yourself.

Bad drafting?

Blog Entries

Ozzie will retire after at least 2 more Super Bowl wins. :)

I believe he's only 58. Still fairly young. Can't see him going anytime soon. But then again I don't know him personally.

Bad draft picks? Oh please, Ozzie is one of the best in the business. It's why the Ravens are in the playoffs every year. Save for a Jimmy Smith and Asa Jackson injury this year they might very well be flying to Indianapolis this Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Ozzie will retire after at least 2 more Super Bowl wins. :)

I believe he's only 58. Still fairly young. Can't see him going anytime soon. But then again I don't know him personally.

Bad draft picks? Oh please, Ozzie is one of the best in the business. It's why the Ravens are in the playoffs every year. Save for a Jimmy Smith and Asa Jackson injury this year they might very well be flying to Indianapolis this Friday.
    They absolutely would be. No way they lose that game Saturday if Smith is at corner.