I'm feelin' good and optimistic

Give me NE secondary and give them ours! Really what could our offense have done then? It's a sad day when one of footballs best ever competes against a practice squad type secondary and have to pull it out with trick plays and only minutes remaining.
    An did I hear Kubes is staying? Even if we keep Torrey (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...111-story.html) if everyone can stay healthy I have positive vibes for next year.
    Kudos to Joe for hanging in there!!!!!!!!
    Shame on Brady and NE for having to resort to trickery. If we fix the secondary, get a big old TE in the draft ( because I'm not confident in Pittas return) then return to Gillette Stadium and take no prisoners.

Blog Entries

Re: I'm feelin' good and optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Give me NE secondary and give them ours! Really what could our offense have done then? It's a sad day when one of footballs best ever competes against a practice squad type secondary and have to pull it out with trick plays and only minutes remaining.
    An did I hear Kubes is staying? Even if we keep Torrey (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...111-story.html) if everyone can stay healthy I have positive vibes for next year.
    Shame on Brady and NE for having to resort to trickery. If we fix the secondary, get a big old TE in the draft ( because I'm not confident in Pittas return) then return to Gillette Stadium and take no prisoners.
    How about a game at M&T for once!

I wouldn't say "shame on Brady" for resorting to trickery. After all it was legal and it seems to be confirmed that it was announced on the PA system. But I would say it's not in the spirit of the game and the competition committee needs to address it. I think with all the advantages given to the offense this is one that needs to go the defense's way.

But I agree with you about next year. Barring major injuries I think it looks good.

Brady did to our secondary exactly what he should have done -- carved it up like a Thanksgiving turkey. It's a pretty big accomplishment to me that the Ravens hung as tough as they did in that game given the state of the secondary. If I'm a new England fan, I'm a bit concerned that we were able to hang on 31 points on their supposed best defense in 10 years.

With regards to the trick plays, the league has said that they were legal and that we should have had plenty of time to identify who to cover. If the shoe were on the other foot we'd all be singing the praises of the coaching staff for getting us an advantage. With how bad the secondary stunk it up, it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Guys...... The point is Joe played him straight up and almost beat him. Again... give NE our secondary and us theirs. Joe played elite.
    Brady with all his expertise and knowledge barely got by beating a secondary that fielded players that would barely qualify for a practice squad.
    How embarrassed would Tom have felt if Joe managed to finish the job. What could we have done if they had our secondary and we had theirs?
    Next year Joe!! Next year!!

Guys...... The point is Joe played him straight up and almost beat him. Again... give NE our secondary and us theirs. Joe played elite.
    Brady with all his expertise and knowledge barely got by beating a secondary that fielded players that would barely qualify for a practice squad.
    How embarrassed would Tom have felt if Joe managed to finish the job. What could we have done if they had our secondary and we had theirs?
    Next year Joe!! Next year!!

I could not agree more... The only real issue of D had was not making tackles on the first hit. How many lost yards would the Pats had if we could only tackle on the first hit!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014