Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juan Castillo

Juan Castillo

A lot of people wanted Juan Castillo run out of town after last season. I think he did a great job with this years group. What do you guys think?

Blog Entries

Re: Juan Castillo

He did great. People wanted him out because we had too many people with an offensive line title and we'd just won a Super Bowl. The don't fix it if it isn't broke mentality. But compl that with Kubiak's offense and it meshed, where last year it was a mess from top to bottom.

Blog Entries

I knew Juan Castillo was a great pick up the moment he was signed and this season just proved it!

OK this is filed under "thank God no one on this forum is a decision maker for the Ravens".

Great season. Joe has his lowest sack total tHis year, by a significant amount

I think Gary's ZBS had a lot to do with the improved offensive line, but credit where it's due to Castillo!

His shuffling of healthy OLs (including 2 promising rookies) around in December, and especially January was bold and relatively effective. The emergence of Wagner and the big game experience seen by Urschel & Hurst bodes well for the OL and should help us sort out the deadweight at OL on the roster ( see ya, Gino, Jah Reid, & Jensen).

It's a pretty interesting idea for a thread. The question last year was who to blame for the debacle of an o-line, and their were plenty of candidates, but Juan took a lot of heat. There's Gino, of course, but didn't Caldwell take the o-line coordinator with him to Detroit ... Looking mighty suspiciously like the real source of suckiness left for Detroit.

Quite a few young players on the OL came out of nowhere this year and played very well -- Wagner, Hurst, Urschel. Probably not a coincidence. So yeah, Castillo definetly deserves some credit for a job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockDoctor View Post
    Quite a few young players on the OL came out of nowhere this year and played very well -- Wagner, Hurst, Urschel. Probably not a coincidence. So yeah, Castillo definetly deserves some credit for a job well done.
    This was one of the things Castillo was known for if I'm not mistaken. We could be even better on the OL next year.

Blog Entries

I hated having 2 OL coaches last year. It made no sense. I just wanted them to pick one but I'm glad they picked the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    This was one of the things Castillo was known for if I'm not mistaken. We could be even better on the OL next year.
    He was indeed known for this in Philly. Glad that the magic hasn't worn off.

Hurst and Urschel will be above average lineman. They performed well when thrown to the fire. After a year of hitting the weights and time to digest the schemes, they should be well on their way to being pretty good.