Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

2015 Free Agents (other teams) we should target - on the cheap

Here is a short list of guys I wouldn't mind signing, that wouldn't break the bank:

RB
    Roy Helu

I've always liked the way he played. Good pass catcher.

WR
    Denarius Moore

Cheap speed replacement for Torrey?

TE
    Niles Paul

Pass catching TE/WR hybrid.

All age 26 and under.

Feel free to add to the list.

Re: 2015 Free Agents (other teams) we should target - on the cheap

My personal favorite:

Da'Norris Searcy, S, Bills (26 years)

Listed as a SS, but plays both SS and FS, which is what I think we want to do with our safeties. PFF graded him very well this year. Would make a nice tandem with Hill.

Moore might have the speed to replace Torrey, but that's it. Torrey for Moore is a downgrade. I'd really like the Ravens to pursue a guy like Kareem Jackson or Antonio Cromartie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CopRaven View Post
    My personal favorite:

Listed as a SS, but plays both SS and FS, which is what I think we want to do with our safeties. PFF graded him very well this year. Would make a nice tandem with Hill.
    I haven't looked into defensive free agents much. Obviously CB/S is the hot spot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Moore might have the speed to replace Torrey, but that's it. Torrey for Moore is a downgrade. I'd really like the Ravens to pursue a guy like Kareem Jackson or Antonio Cromartie.
    Torrey vs Moore is all about money.

Also, Moore looked decent when he had a capable Qb in Palmer

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

There's not a GM in this league that would take Moore over Torrey. I'd rather the Ravens give Torrey the money than make Joe throw to Denarius Moore.

Blog Entries

Regarding backs...

Shane Vereen or Stevan Ridley would be interesting to me. Both are 25 and we'd be taking from the Patriots. They just extended Brandon Bolden, so I'm not sure they'll keep Vereen, Ridley, or Jonas Gray. I know Ridley has fumble issues, but he is a tough runner. Vereen is just a big play guy out of the backfield.

Receivers...

I've been beating the Cecil Shorts drum for a while now. I'm not sure he is THAT much better than Torrey, but in three seasons with the mess they've had at QB he has averaged 58 receptions, 771 yards, and 4 TDs per season in three seasons as a starter. He's got nice wheels, decent size (6' 210), and he is an ok route runner. I think he'd be pretty inexpensive. Plus, he's only 27.

Tight Ends...

I'd be interested in Jermaine Gresham. He's 26, he's a good blocker, and he's an above average receiver. Plus, we'd be taking from a divisional rival. I don't think he has ever lived up to his round-1 status, but he's not bad. Between Gresham, Pitta (potentially), Gilmore, and someone like Supernaw; I think TE would be a strength.

He would be pricey, but I'd love to see the Ravens go get Charles Clay. He's only 25 - I thought he was a lot older than that. Good receiver and a decent blocker. He can play FB or TE.

Safety/DB...

He won't come cheap, but Rahim Moore is someone I'd be interested in. He would pair nicely with Will Hill.

Byron Maxwell, obviously, would be a really nice get. Any FA corner is probably going to be expensive though. Chris Culliver could be interesting, but I think he has had some off-field issues, right?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

What about Revis? I love the idea of getting Niles Paul.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CopRaven View Post
    My personal favorite:

He would be a nice get.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

The problem I have with Moore is that he is just a deep threat.

He would have the same issues Torrey has had working in the WCO, especially Kubiak's.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Regarding backs...

Shane Vereen or Stevan Ridley would be interesting to me. Both are 25 and we'd be taking from the Patriots. They just extended Brandon Bolden, so I'm not sure they'll keep Vereen, Ridley, or Jonas Gray. I know Ridley has fumble issues, but he is a tough runner. Vereen is just a big play guy out of the backfield.

Receivers...

I've been beating the Cecil Shorts drum for a while now. I'm not sure he is THAT much better than Torrey, but in three seasons with the mess they've had at QB he has averaged 58 receptions, 771 yards, and 4 TDs per season in three seasons as a starter. He's got nice wheels, decent size (6' 210), and he is an ok route runner. I think he'd be pretty inexpensive. Plus, he's only 27.

Tight Ends...

I'd be interested in Jermaine Gresham. He's 26, he's a good blocker, and he's an above average receiver. Plus, we'd be taking from a divisional rival. I don't think he has ever lived up to his round-1 status, but he's not bad. Between Gresham, Pitta (potentially), Gilmore, and someone like Supernaw; I think TE would be a strength.

He would be pricey, but I'd love to see the Ravens go get Charles Clay. He's only 25 - I thought he was a lot older than that. Good receiver and a decent blocker. He can play FB or TE.

Safety/DB...

He won't come cheap, but Rahim Moore is someone I'd be interested in. He would pair nicely with Will Hill.

Byron Maxwell, obviously, would be a really nice get. Any FA corner is probably going to be expensive though. Chris Culliver could be interesting, but I think he has had some off-field issues, right?
    I think Gresham is a turd. Bengals fans can't stand the guy. He screws up alot (fumbles, drops, holding, etc.) at the worst time possible. No thanks. Give me Niles Paul.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind shorts, but he can't stay healthy. Doubt he stays in jax given the WRs they drafted