Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Don Shula is not a fan of Bill Belichick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ck-beli-cheat/

Snip:

Since the 2007 Spygate controversy, Patriots coach Bill Belichick has been referred to as “Beli-cheat” a number of times, but usually by fans of rival teams. Not by Hall of Fame coaches.

But that’s the name Don Shula, the winningest coach in NFL history, uses to refer to Belichick.

Dave Hyde of the Sun-Sentinel writes in a profile of Shula at the age of 85 that when the subject of Belichick came up, that unflattering nickname was Shula’s response.

“Beli-cheat?” Shula says.

Re: Don Shula is not a fan of Bill Belichick.

Once again, elders seem to know how to troll now.

Kind of a side note, nothing annoys me more in football when the media drags out the 72 Dolphin players when a team gets close to matching their record.

Love it. But I know someone on these forums who is very, very, very annoyed with someone else speaking the truth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Once again, elders seem to know how to troll now.

Kind of a side note, nothing annoys me more in football when the media drags out the 72 Dolphin players when a team gets close to matching their record.
    It is a troll move. Yeah, I think it helped the Patriots, even 1% as Belicheck told Craft is huge in a game of inches. That being said, there are numerous other instances where I think Bill is brilliant. It was dumb, it was a mistake, but I think it falls on the league for not enforcing such things more readily. The NFL is slow to react, be it SpyGate, BountyGate, RiceGate, they drag ass and always seem to be too far behind in adopting new technology, especially to help the refs.

I was never a big fan of Don Shula and say what you like about the Bills, but I enjoyed watching them own him in the 90's.

Pretty unprofessional. Ex-coaches should be above name-calling.

Don Shula doing the Lord's work.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The most overrated team in NFL history. Opponents had a combined .367 winning percentage and only 2 of their regular season opponents had a winning record (and both of those records were just 8-6).

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockDoctor View Post
    Pretty unprofessional. Ex-coaches should be above name-calling.
    Nah, coaches should be above it and should be professional... ex coaches can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned.

My father hated Shula for leaving. Shula had Unitas to help him out, ala Belicheat has brady.. See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Nah, coaches should be above it and should be professional... ex coaches can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned.
    He certainly has the right to, but it's definetly not the best way to make his point. It just makes him look like a bitter twelve year-old boy.

Blog Entries

Good old Jutt Jaw just showing a little professional jealousy. That
    SB3 loss is still haunting him as Bellicheat has more rings despite
    all Jaw's victories.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The most overrated team in NFL history. Opponents had a combined .367 winning percentage and only 2 of their regular season opponents had a winning record (and both of those records were just 8-6).
    Yes the '72 Dolphins had one of the weakest schedules in NFL history. That undefeated team would have lost several games if they had a normal type schedule.