Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Brandon Browner vs. Torrey Smith

This could be a really good matchup for the Ravens. One of the most penalized players in the league (15 penalties, 5 DPIs) vs. the #1 WR in terms of penalty yardage (12 DPIs drawn for 261 yards). If Joe doesn't throw a long bomb to Torrey multiple times during the game, color me surprised.

Re: Brandon Browner vs. Torrey Smith

Torrey is going to be challenged to get off of the line if Browner is on him, he's 6'4", 220 lbs. I don't think he has the speed to stay with Torrey, he'll need help over the top.

Blog Entries

I expect man press coverage on both Smiths.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I expect man press coverage on both Smiths.
    If that's the case, then Kubiak needs to employ bunches and rubs to try to get the Smiths a clean break off the LoS.

Torrey has had some big games against the Pats. There's a little extra personal motivation for him in these games. Some guys are always turned up to 11 (Steve Smith anyone), but for a player like Torrey that extra motivation can make a big difference. I think Torrey will show up in a big way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    Torrey has had some big games against the Pats. There's a little extra personal motivation for him in these games. Some guys are always turned up to 11 (Steve Smith anyone), but for a player like Torrey that extra motivation can make a big difference. I think Torrey will show up in a big way.
    Daniels and Kubiak should be plenty motivated too after the beatings they took in the playoffs in NE.

Of course I thought that in the Houston game and we got destroyed.

This is not a good match-up for Torrey. He struggles against any kind of press coverage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    If that's the case, then Kubiak needs to employ bunches and rubs to try to get the Smiths a clean break off the LoS.
    I am hoping they employ some bunch formations and employ some rubs/picks to get guys open. Also, I am hoping they make Daniels and Gilmore a big part of the game plan. Pats are one of the worst teams at covering TE's.

Blog Entries

I am glad Kubiak listened to Joe and opened up the offense again. The deep shots took a considerable drop in Kubiak's offense.

I like the chain moving qualities of Kubiak's offense, but you can't not go deep given our personnel.

This match-up is either going to result in Browner being too physical for Torrey to be much of a factor (which we've seen happen to him too many times) or Torrey drawing Browner into his "DPI"-ways.

Kubiak seemed to use a good bit of stack formations against the Steelers and that should continue this week. It sure would be nice to get Juice going in a H-back role this week with though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I am hoping they employ some bunch formations and employ some rubs/picks to get guys open. Also, I am hoping they make Daniels and Gilmore a big part of the game plan. Pats are one of the worst teams at covering TE's.
    I dont see how this couldnt be at least part of the game plan especially after the way Daniels and Gilmore showed up against the Steelers. Those underneath and roll out throws to the TE really helped open up the Ravens offense and seal the deal for the win. I think we see a methodical short game for a few series with maybe one bomb (depending on if the Ravens offense comes out ready to play and can convert a few first downs early) that will open up the big passing plays. That being said I have loved what Flacco has done recently by taking what is given to him and running for 5-10 yards at a time. I really think and hope this Ravens offense is finally starting to click as indicated by the last quarter of the Cleveland game and the Steelers game.

Quote Originally Posted by terps19 View Post
    I dont see how this couldnt be at least part of the game plan especially after the way Daniels and Gilmore showed up against the Steelers. Those underneath and roll out throws to the TE really helped open up the Ravens offense and seal the deal for the win. I think we see a methodical short game for a few series with maybe one bomb (depending on if the Ravens offense comes out ready to play and can convert a few first downs early) that will open up the big passing plays. That being said I have loved what Flacco has done recently by taking what is given to him and running for 5-10 yards at a time. I really think and hope this Ravens offense is finally starting to click as indicated by the last quarter of the Cleveland game and the Steelers game.
    Beauty of the bunch formation is you don't know who's blocking, who's catching. I love how Kubiak uses simple formations, yet runs multiple routes out of them.