Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Joe was hurt last time we got blasted by New England.

You didn't see much in the media (due to Joe not complaining), after we got the 41-7 lashing. Last year was the one and only time I was not emphatically rooting for a playoff birth. I'd watched closely and even thought maybe he shouldn't be in there. His mechanics, escapabilty , throwing all seemed messed up. At times it even looked as if he wanted it to end. I knew we were dead, had we got in last year, and I never say that I dont want to be there (plus it broke the Flacco Harbaugh streak) but it looked bad to me. Mostly I didn't want to risk our franchise man.

OT: based on an age/talent analysis..... Joe is right there for who to build a team around. My only other competitors are Rodgers and Luck.
    Last edited by alienstar; 01-06-2015 at 07:47 AM.

Re: Joe was hurt last time we got blasted by New England.

One reason I make this point.....is the NE faithful see this as proof of a new life dominance. Truth is....we can hang. Game plan and timings mean a lot.

I remember the game well. Worst game I have been to at M&T Bank Stadium. I remember Legarrette Blount running wild on our defense. I dont remember Joe being the main cause for the loss.

Blog Entries

That's one difference. Another is that the Ravens are no longer running the Cam Cameron offense as misdirected by Jim Caldwell. Another is a healthy OL that can block.

I could go on, but what's the point? That was then, this is now. And the best part is, Baltimore is playing with house money (everything from here out is gravy) while Greater Beantown has bet the mortgage (a loss effectively zeroes out the season for their arrogant, self-entitled fan base).

"Cry 'Havoc!', & unleash the Crows of War!!"
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Joe isn't like other quarterbacks in that he doesn't get built in excuses. If it were any other one of the prima donna quarterback, excuses would already be built in whether they win or lose.

Blog Entries

If we win this game, and Flacco plays well, and people still talk shit... I might explode. Of course if Flacco doesn't play well the haters will be out in full "I told you so" mode.

It's beyond ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    If we win this game, and Flacco plays well, and people still talk shit... I might explode. Of course if Flacco doesn't play well the haters will be out in full "I told you so" mode.

It's beyond ridiculous.
    Pretty much. The guy has performed well to excellent in about 10 post-season games in his career. Andy Dalton can't even do well in 1 game and he has tons of excuses, but when Joe has his next bad game you know that it'll be a ton of haters and doubters coming out of the woodwork.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Pretty much. The guy has performed well to excellent in about 10 post-season games in his career. Andy Dalton can't even do well in 1 game and he has tons of excuses, but when Joe has his next bad game you know that it'll be a ton of haters and doubters coming out of the woodwork.
    Yet Not a peep about big Ben's shitty playoff stats. Dude has thrown an int in 10/15 playoff games.

Hypocrisy

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

It's beyond ridiculous.
    That is because many people, fans, media, have drawn a line in the sand when it comes to Joe Flacco. They will never admit to being wrong about him - they'll patiently wait for the first opportunity to bash him. IMO, it's a degree of psychosis to feel that way about any player of a sports team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    That is because many people, fans, media, have drawn a line in the sand when it comes to Joe Flacco. They will never admit to being wrong about him - they'll patiently wait for the first opportunity to bash him. IMO, it's a degree of psychosis to feel that way about any player of a sports team.
    Eli still catches shit too. Guess some guys are just punching bags. But Eli misses the playoffs a lot more often.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Dalton is great at pregame speeches (sarcasm):

https://vine.co/v/OdHYr6zAUP3

The Pats and media have to point to that game since none of other recent match ups would promote the narrative they have pre-selected. Our run defense and OL were horrible in that game, plus Joe was hurt and ineffective. The other 3 games were anomalies in their minds, this is the game that is most telling. When in fact, it's the opposite.