Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Joe Flacco's Calm Demeanor is the Emotional Key to his Success.

Joe rarely, if ever, gets too high or too low. He stays the same. As a result, when the pressure of the playoffs arrives, when other players give in to the nerves and tension of the moments, he stays calm. Many people want to see Joe change and misconstrue his lack of consistent motivational speaking for not caring or, quite frankly, not having a clue.

However, from an emotional standpoint, it may be his greatest strength.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Joe Flacco's Calm Demeanor is the Emotional Key to his Success.

The pressure started in the very first series. Joe was backed up into the end zone and it looked like he might take a safety but he made a play with his legs and calmly did what he had to do. No panic at all. All those 3rd down passes where just amazing. The Ravens seemed to be in 3rd long all game but Joe converted when he had. The Ravens didn't even have 300 yards of offense but what they did get was so productive. Every yard meant something. That's when Joe is at his best. He does what he has to do to win games. It's very Joe Namath like.

No doubt it's his greatest strength. You want your leaders to remain calm in the face of pressure. And, yes, Joe is a leader.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    No doubt it's his greatest strength. You want your leaders to remain calm in the face of pressure. And, yes, Joe is a leader.
    And to not let something like Forsett's fumble sink this team, when, say, five years ago, that would have been the spark to a snowball effect. It actually was with the Ray Rice fumble against the same team in the same venue.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Forsetts fumble (and the timing) was too reminiscent of Taliaferros in the second game and I had a sinking feeling the collapse was going to happen when Roethlisberger hit Brown deep.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Blog Entries

They showed him on the sidelines once and it looked like he might doze off. He is as steady as they get

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It's definitely helped him in the playoffs and whenever we're in closely contested games, but it does seem to work against him when we fall behind in the regular season. We've all seen that look, when it seems he'd rather be at home watching TV than playing football. When we're down by 2 scores, like in Houston, I'd like to see more emotion and fire, and some sense of urgency. That being said, that's Regular Season Joe, this is Playoff Joe. And Playoff Joe is Legend.

Matt Ryan was a guest commentator on ESPN this morning and Berman ask him what was it about Joe that makes him so good. His response was kind of funny, very respectful and on point. "He has no pulse, he does exactly what you expect your QB to do under fire in big games".

I tell ya right now man, we are witnessing a great era in Ravens history, and Joe is a huge part of it.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Joe Flacco don't care. Joe Flacco doesn't give a shit. Joe Flacco takes what he wants.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Matt Ryan was a guest commentator on ESPN this morning and Berman ask him what was it about Joe that makes him so good. His response was kind of funny, very respectful and on point. "He has no pulse, he does exactly what you expect your QB to do under fire in big games".

I tell ya right now man, we are witnessing a great era in Ravens history, and Joe is a huge part of it.
    slightly OT but that was awesome for Berman to make Ryan answer questions about why Flacco is so great. Epic!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    slightly OT but that was awesome for Berman to make Ryan answer questions about why Flacco is so great. Epic!
    Yeah I loved that. Ryan looked a bit uncomfortable.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis