Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - Wicked's Way Too Early Mock, Version 2 [Four rounds]

Round 4

97. Tennessee – Durrell Eskridge, FS, Syracuse (6’3” 215lbs). Eskridge is a big safety with some nice upside. The Titans may not be interested in re-signing Michael Griffin.

98. New England [from Tampa Bay] – Cedric Reed, DE, Texas (6’4” 260lbs). Rob Ninkovic is getting older and Belichick loves defensive linemen who are somewhat interchangeable.

99. Oakland – Jacquiski Tartt, FS, Samford (6’1” 215lbs). Tartt is a big hitter and a big play safety, but he is a small school prospect. Charles Woodson can’t play forever and they need someone that can play deep.

100. Jacksonville – Josue Matias, OG, Florida State (6’5” 320lbs). Jags should continue to add talent and depth to their beleaguered offensive line. Matias is a good all-around interior lineman.

101. New York Jets – Jake Ryan, LB, Michigan (6’3” 240lbs). Ryan started out as a defensive end and shifted to MIKE linebacker for the Wolverines. He’s sound fundamentally and would be a good player to groom behind David Harris.

102. Washington – Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas (5’11” 205lbs). Diggs doesn’t have elite speed, but he plays press-man pretty well and the Redskins certainly could use depth in their secondary.

103. Chicago – Hayes Pullard, LB, USC (6’1” 235lbs). Pullard is a good candidate to play WILL or SAM in a 4-3 defense. The Bears could be looking for depth now that Lance Briggs is likely done as a Bear.

104. Atlanta – Ben Koyack, TE, Notre Dame (6’5” 265lbs). Koyack is a typical Notre Dame tight end. He’s big, a good blocker, and a decent receiver. The Falcons could use some depth behind Levine Toilolo.

105. New York Giants – AJ Johnson, LB, Tennessee (6’2” 240lbs). Johnson is a tackling machine and would be a great fit as a MIKE linebacker for the Giants. The Giants have had issues at linebacker for several seasons now.

106. Tampa Bay [from St. Louis] – Tony Lippett, WR, Michigan State (6’3” 200lbs). Lippett has had a really good season for the Spartans and displays nice speed and hands to go along with his frame. The Bucs may consider parting ways with Vincent Jackson, so they’ll need some receiver depth.

107. Minnesota – Blaine Clausell, OT, Mississippi State (6’7” 310lbs). The Bulldogs had a great season and a bit reason for that is because Clausell held his own against some tough SEC defenders. The Vikings might want to consider better depth at LT if Matt Kalil has another down season.

108. Cleveland – Blake Bell, TE, Oklahoma (6’6” 250lbs). Bell is still learning how to play tight end, but the natural athleticism is there. Plus, maybe there is a chance the Browns give him a go at QB? Jordan Cameron is a walking concussion at this point and he may not be back for Cleveland next year.

109. New Orleans – Le’Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech (6’6” 320lbs). Terron Armstead had a pretty rough year for the Saints and caused some issues for their offense. The Saints would be wise to have some depth just in case.

110. San Francisco – Cameron Artis-Payne, RB, Auburn (5’10” 210lbs). The Niners are likely to let Frank Gore test free agency and Carlos Hyde is clearly their #1. However, they’re going to need someone to back up Hyde and Artis-Payne is a tough runner coming off of a good season.

111. Miami – Charles Gaines, CB, Louisville (5’10” 177lbs). Gaines is a good corner with nice coverage skills and upside. He is more quick than fast and Miami could use some better depth in their secondary.

112. Cleveland [from Buffalo] – Isaiah Johnson, SS, Georgia Tech (6’1” 215lbs). Johnson is a good safety with nice ability in the box and in the deeper parts of the field. The Browns could use some depth behind Tashaun Gipson and Donte Whitner.

113. Houston – Kris Frost, LB, Auburn (6’2” 245lbs). Brian Cushing is a very good linebacker, but he’s always hurt and the Texans might want to add some depth behind him. Frost is a very good run defender and should work well as a MIKE or WILL in Houston’s 3-4 alignment.

114. Kansas City – Eli Harold, DE, Virginia (6’4” 250lbs). Tamba Hali is now in his 30’s, Justin Houston is likely headed to another team, and Dee Ford is still relatively unknown. Harold is an athletic pass-rusher that could be groomed to replace Hali down the road.

115. San Diego – Wayne Lyons, CB, Stanford (6’1” 195lbs). Lyons needs some refinement, but his upside is pretty tremendous as a starting perimeter corner in the NFL. The Chargers may be able to re-sign Brandon Flowers, but they’re not going to keep both Flowers and Shareece Wright.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

116. Philadelphia – Danielle Hunter, DE, LSU (6’6” 240lbs). Hunter is a long, lean, quick-twitch athlete that would be a good fit as a RUSH linebacker in the 3-4. Brandon Graham may not be back with the Eagles next year and last year’s 1st round pick Marcus Smith has barely contributed.

117. Carolina – Vadal Alexander, OG, LSU (6’6” 345lbs). Alexander is a massive guard that excels as a run-blocker. The Panthers just need to continue to invest in their offensive line to protect Cam Newton and open up running lanes.

118. Baltimore – Jeremy Langford, RB, Michigan State (6’ 210lbs). Langord has the speed to reel off big runs, but he also exhibits nice patience at the line of scrimmage when choosing a lane. Once he gets into the secondary he finishes runs well. Even if the Ravens re-sign Justin Forsett, he’ll be 30 years old and neither Lorenzo Taliaferro nor Bernard Pierce have shown they can handle the load for an entire season.

119. Cincinnati – Reese Dismukes, C/G, Auburn (6’2” 300lbs). Dismukes is a technically sound lineman with nice pass-blocking skills. Dismukes also makes the line calls for Auburn. The Bengals have a nice young guy in Russell Bodine, but depth is always good and Dismukes can play guard too.

120. Detroit – Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland (6’1” 190lbs). Diggs is a big play receiver with sudden quickness and short area burst. He is a good kick and punt returner as well. The Lions are well established at their top two receivers with Megatron and Golden Tate, but they could use some depth with the slot position.

121. Pittsburgh – Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers (6’5” 245lbs). Heath Miller can’t play forever and Kroft has some nice upside as an inline tight end. He has good hands and decent straight line speed.

122. Indianapolis – Sheldon Day, DT, Notre Dame (6’2” 285lbs). I think Day could go a lot higher than this, but his height might be an issue for some teams looking at him as a 5-technique defensive lineman. The Colts have some good players with Art Jones and Corey Redding, but depth is important in the front-7.

123. Arizona – Jeff Luc, LB, Cincinnati (6’1” 250lbs). Luc is extremely athletic, but it took him a year or two to adjust to the higher level of competition. The Cardinals may be interested in getting some more depth at linebacker considering Donald Washington is always suspended.

124. Dallas – Matt Jones, RB, Florida (6’2” 230lbs). Jones has some nice quickness and speed for a bigger back. He is tough to bring down once he gets to the second level. Lance Dunbar and Joe Randle are ok, but the Cowboys should be bringing in several guys to try and replace DeMarco Murray.

125. San Francisco [from Denver] – Jordan Jenkins, LB, Georgia (6’2” 244lbs). Jenkins can play inside or outside, but I like him as a RUSH linebacker. The Niners will likely part ways with Ahmad Brooks and Aldon Smith has yet to really get his act together. Jenkins would be nice depth.

126. Green Bay – Eric Rowe, CB, Utah (6’1” 200lbs). Rowe has some nice ability as a zone corner with press skills and I think down the road he could move to safety. Tramon Williams is older and corner depth is important in the NFL. Rowe’s size would be a good asset matching up against Megatron, Brandon Marshall, and Alshon Jeffery.

127. Seattle – Domonique Brown, RB, Louisville (6’2” 225lbs). I really like Brown’s upside as a 3-down back. He’s tough to tackle and has enough speed to get out into open areas of the field. The Seahawks aren’t going to pay Marshawn Lynch another big contract and who knows if Robert Turbin or Christine Michael can carry the load.

128. New England – Vincent Mayle, WR, Washington State (6’3” 235lbs). Mayle is a big-bodied receiver that will go up and high point passes down the field. He’ll break some tackles and gain extra yards on shorter routes as well. He’s not much of a route-runner though. Brandon LaFell has had a great season and Julian Edelman is pretty good, but neither are #1 guys. Mayle has that kind of upside.

Blog Entries

So, for those that don't want to read all four mocked rounds, I currently have Baltimore doing the following:

22. Baltimore* (10-6) – Kevin White, WR, West Virginia (6’3” 210lbs). Baltimore’s front office and coaching staff tend to gravitate towards guys with chips on their shoulders. They also really like guys who have successfully overcome adversity. White is a mature guy after being knocked down early in his collegiate career. He has a ton of upside and has the skills to be a legitimate go-to receiver in the NFL. He high points passes well, blocks, runs after the catch, and has had some of his biggest games against top-tiered defenses. The Ravens are in a tough spot at receiver with Torrey Smith a pending free agent and Steve Smith being 36 years old. White makes that transition a lot easier for everyone while giving Flacco a go-to guy.

54. Baltimore – AJ Carter, CB, Stanford (6’ 200lbs). Carter is an intelligent defender with nice size and enough speed to stick with most receivers. He plays physical around the line of scrimmage and he is a willing tackler. I also like how he uses the sidelines to his advantage in coverage. The Ravens’ secondary was ravaged with injuries exposing their lack of depth at corner.

86. Baltimore – Anthony Chickillo, DE, Miami (6’4” 270lbs). Chickillo is a smart and tenacious defender with a great rip move and decent closing speed for his size. I think he could play 5-technique, but he is someone I could see having a big impact on sub-packages. I like that he doesn't quit and considering Baltimore is likely losing Pernell McPhee, they could use some better pass-rushers.

118. Baltimore – Jeremy Langford, RB, Michigan State (6’ 210lbs). Langord has the speed to reel off big runs, but he also exhibits nice patience at the line of scrimmage when choosing a lane. Once he gets into the secondary he finishes runs well. Even if the Ravens re-sign Justin Forsett, he’ll be 30 years old and neither Lorenzo Taliaferro nor Bernard Pierce have shown they can handle the load for an entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The only thing that concerns me about his game is that he will lose focus from time to time and drop easy receptions.

However, that isn't something I've seen him do a lot of. One play that comes to mind was a sure TD catch against MD in the back of the end zone. It basically went right through his hands. I'd like to see him iron those mistakes out because he has the talent to be a top-10 receiver in the NFL when you look at everything.
    Having a QB like Joe and a WR coach like Bobby Engram will help and as long as he puts in the work he will reach his full potential. I know we disagree on Smith Sr. to some degree but having him around for one more year can help a guy like White learn the basics of the WR position.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Having a QB like Joe and a WR coach like Bobby Engram will help and as long as he puts in the work he will reach his full potential. I know we disagree on Smith Sr. to some degree but having him around for one more year can help a guy like White learn the basics of the WR position.
    I'm fine with him being around for the 2015 season. I just think that he could retire or I could also see the Ravens parting ways with him because his cap hit essentially doubles if they keep him and they could save that money for another position.

I agree though. It would be nice to spend the top pick on a talent like Kevin White, but not HAVE to rush him out onto the field if he's not ready. However, I think someone like White could be a day-1 starter in the NFL. I really do. And from everything I've read and heard about the kid, we won't have to worry about him putting in the work.

Blog Entries

You lost me at is taking Carter in the 2nd. As for your 1st round, im not sure if i should hate you or kiss you lmao. Very very interesting for sure.

So who did you poach and adjust that you saw fit? I see alot of Walterfootball mixed with draftscout in there. Not a knock. Just trying to see who you took some stuff from.

White. Hmmm. I need to look more into him. Surprisngly i havent looked much at all as most mocks have him drafted way above us. Like Cooper.

82. Houston – Justin Hardy, WR, Eastern Carolina (6’ 190lbs). Hardy runs great routes and was an ultra-productive receiver in college. The Texans need to start thinking about life after Andre Johnson and Hardy would be a good compliment to DeAndre Hopkins.

BOOOOOO!!!! lol I'd like to see Hardy in a Ravens uniform instead.

I'm fine with him being around for the 2015 season. I just think that he could retire or I could also see the Ravens parting ways with him because his cap hit essentially doubles if they keep him and they could save that money for another position.

I agree though. It would be nice to spend the top pick on a talent like Kevin White, but not HAVE to rush him out onto the field if he's not ready. However, I think someone like White could be a day-1 starter in the NFL. I really do. And from everything I've read and heard about the kid, we won't have to worry about him putting in the work.
    I don't worry about his work ethic because that will help him fix the flaws that he has. I like Smith Sr. but if the Ravens move on from him this offseason then I would be fine with that, I liked the move obviously but I knew it was a short term fix. It's time for the Ravens to finally draft a true number 1 WR for Joe to grow with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    You lost me at is taking Carter in the 2nd. As for your 1st round, im not sure if i should hate you or kiss you lmao. Very very interesting for sure.

So who did you poach and adjust that you saw fit? I see alot of Walterfootball mixed with draftscout in there. Not a knock. Just trying to see who you took some stuff from.

White. Hmmm. I need to look more into him. Surprisngly i havent looked much at all as most mocks have him drafted way above us. Like Cooper.
    I read a lot of those sites, but I usually keep tabs on guys I'm interested in. I try to keep a running rank of guys in my top 20-30 spots. That's normally who I look at in round-1.

And I'm not sure why Carter in the 2nd "loses you". He's a good player and it would be smart for the Ravens to go corner in the top 3 rounds. Problem is this is a very weak draft for corners and safeties. I like Trae Waynes, but not where the Ravens might be picking. I really don't like any round-1 corner for the Ravens. I do like Carter in round 2 though. I think that's good value.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    BOOOOOO!!!! lol I'd like to see Hardy in a Ravens uniform instead.
    I agree. I'm not sure the Ravens would make a go at him in round 2. It's possible. If they pass, I don't think Hardy makes it to Baltimore in round 3.

Blog Entries

And I realize I may get some gripes about the Anthony Chickillo pick, but I REALLY like that guy. He's just a good football player.

Blog Entries

But youre overall stance. Wr, cb, de, rb. Is interesting and really it will come down to this. Just in multiple orders depending on how the draft goes. But as for the way your thinking....Im there brother. And im down for all this. Although we can argue individual people.

For example. You forgot DGB. Hes gonna go in the first. And if he makes it to us they better take him over White. Im sorry but the guy has the size, athleticism and talent to make him one f the best WRs in the league. They HAVE to get the "hood" out of him. Pay it out, beat it out, lock him in a fucking nicely made box until gameday i dunno. But if hes there they had damn well better take him. Fuck the pussies and oh no hes a thug with a domestic violence problem. I dont fucking care. I want to win football games. I dont care if mothers of america likes us. Matter of fact i hope those liberal cunts hate us.