Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After the 49ers win RAY RAY Said...

After the victory at Candlestick, myself and many other Ravens/49ers fans gathered outside of the stadium where the players were, in particular the leader of the Baltimore Ravens, Ray Lewis.

Ray was very cordial and engaged us in conversation, took pictures and signed at least 20-30 autographs for Ravens and 9ers fans. Before he left to claim his spot at the very back of the last team bus to leave Candlestick, Ray told all the Ravens fans to have a safe trip back home and to make sure to crank up the noise to "playoff level" for the next home game.

He looked over to Rick Nueheisel and said, "We're really gonna need our fans to make this the loudest game of the season so far to let (the Rams offense) know what Baltimore football is all about."

Slick Rick mentioned our stellar home record being directly tied to the 12th Man, which made everyone there feel pretty damn good!

It could have been the normal "fans make noise" rah-rah speech to pump us up, but I think it was more in reference to the lackluster way the 49ers fans "cheered" for their team on defense, which in comparison to Ravens Stadium, was pretty lame.

So even though I won't be there to lend a hand with the noise, let's turn it up that extra notch and cause some delay of games, false starts, etcetera!!

Cuz Ray Ray said so!

Re: After the 49ers win RAY RAY Said...

My cold is gone so I shall be my loud obnoxious self:ww::nm:

I am always loud! I always stand on defense! I always bring my A-game

Sure I heard in the commentary for a Broncos game or some other team this season that we have the best home record of any franchise since 2001, keep it up 12th Man (but be sure not to use the phrase directly so that Texas A&M don't sue us :D).

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Since 2000.

I couldn't believe how quiet it was at the "stick" on Sunday. Outside of about half a dozen loud fans around us, it seemed like the vast majority were disinterested...then again it was pretty boring of a game. Anyway, made me appreciate Baltimore fans so much.

Rav, you must have been in your glory being in the presence of The Man himself!!

I gotta say, looking at the crowd shots there was a goodly amount of purple in that 9er crowd.

I am already starting to get the itch. I feel like a gladiator getting ready for the arena.

Kevin, bring lots of BEER!!!!

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I couldn't believe how quiet it was at the "stick" on Sunday. Outside of about half a dozen loud fans around us, it seemed like the vast majority were disinterested...then again it was pretty boring of a game. Anyway, made me appreciate Baltimore fans so much.
    What's worse is that by the time the National Anthem began, Candlestick was less than 60% full and the wine-and-cheesers who did show up started leaving as soon as halftime to avoid traffic!!:grbac:

The 49ers fans couldn't believe how many Ravens fans showed up for the game and were even more amazed by the purple camo pants and other accessories we brought with us...LOL

When I did my best Fred Grau version of "GAMETIME", followed by the Ray Ray Dance, even the stadium security guys knew that Baltimore football fans take their team and their tailgating seriously...

[QUOTE=camdenyard;51326]Rav, you must have been in your glory being in the presence of The Man himself!!

I gotta say, looking at the crowd shots there was a goodly amount of purple in that 9er crowd.
    [QUOTE]

I have to admit that being around the players in civilian clothes and interacting with them the way we did was pretty damn cool! Especially when the man himself gave me a pound and thanked us for traveling so far to support the team... Ray Lewis is hilarious too. He was cracking jokes and laughing the entire time with his family members and the fans. Hell, the dude signed autographs until the Sharpie ran out of ink!

One entire endzone was full of Ravens fans and there was LOTS of Purple and Black throughout Candlestick. What I really appreciate is how awesome our stadium is compared to most of the others I've been to. We couldn't even hear hardly anything the PA guy said other than "Tackle by #52 Ray Lewis..."
    Last edited by RAVENOUS52; 10-09-2007 at 08:54 PM.

Blog Entries

I was there, and a part of that block of purple in the enzone under the big scoreboard (NOTHING like ours in the Purple Palace!). When the team first came out on the field, and the 49ers fans were booing them, we jumped up and down and waved and yelled so much that the team noticed, and some of the players came down to that end of the field and waved at us. During the game, Ray-Ray and Reed were pumping us up as well. We delivered!

That sounds awesome! Love the positive thread!!!!!

Great story about Ray encouraging the fans Ravenous! Glad you got to experience that.

Roost 18 out of Glen Burnie had 48 members in that Purple endzone i'm happy to say. We led R-A-V-E-N-S cheers after each of the three FG's (and i'm sure the Fans there would've knocked everybody's socks off had they been TD's ;) ). Another group of Ravens fans did a great job leading the "Move those Chains" chant. I think all the fans there did well representing Baltimore and the players looked like they appreciated it. At least half a dozen San Fran Fans we talked to said they were amazed we came so far and they liked our purple camouflage.

A large number of Ravens Fans attended the 49er Alumni Tailgate and it was terrific. Great food, fine beers, porta potties with flush toilets and hot running water , and oh yeah HOT little 49er cheerleaders to boot!

It was also a pleasure to see Tony and Mista & Missus T there as well. :)

GO RAVENS!!!
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!