Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Negative Threads

I thought I'd collect these negative threads in one place.

Here's one from someone who thinks we should trade Joe for Alex Smith.

This person would rather trade him for Kirk Cousins.

Here's one simply titled "Fire Harbaugh."

This one wishes for Jon Gruden to come to Baltimore, while talking about how Ozzie has fallen off.

And another one saying the team is poorly coached and lacks talent.

Following that topic, this is about bad drafts and bad player development creating busts -- like Jimmy Smith.

All of these negative threads, "the sky is falling"-type threads, were from December 17, 2012. Right after the Ravens played a hideous, horrible game at home, losing to the Denver Broncos 34-17. And seven weeks before they brought home the hardware in New Orleans.

I'm not expecting the Ravens to make a SB run like they did then. But it's interesting how many people were talking about the demise of the franchise right before their greatest glory.

Perspective.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Re: Negative Threads

Trade Joe for Kirk Cousins. Classic.

Here is another perspective. If Ray Rice does not run for the incredulous 4th and 29 on a check down, and if Rahim Moore doesn't have a TIA on the last hope prayer to jacoby, then Harbaugh is probably considering taking the Special teams coordinator job with his brother at Michigan or In Oakland in a few weeks. You cannot rely on luck every season and if you do, this is the result. San Diego is paying us back for that favorable spot we got out there a few seasons ago. We had no right winning that game, just like they had no right winning the game against us and last week down 21 at half to John's superior brother

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

This one wishes for Jon Gruden to come to Baltimore, while talking about how Ozzie has fallen off.

Following that topic, this is about bad drafts and bad player development creating busts -- like Jimmy Smith.

All of these negative threads, "the sky is falling"-type threads, were from December 17, 2012. Right after the Ravens played a hideous, horrible game at home, losing to the Denver Broncos 34-17. And seven weeks before they brought home the hardware in New Orleans.

I'm not expecting the Ravens to make a SB run like they did then. But it's interesting how many people were talking about the demise of the franchise right before their greatest glory.

Perspective.
    Kudos.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jraven View Post
    Here is another perspective. If Ray Rice does not run for the incredulous 4th and 29 on a check down, and if Rahim Moore doesn't have a TIA on the last hope prayer to jacoby, then Harbaugh is probably considering taking the Special teams coordinator job with his brother at Michigan or In Oakland in a few weeks. You cannot rely on luck every season and if you do, this is the result. San Diego is paying us back for that favorable spot we got out there a few seasons ago. We had no right winning that game, just like they had no right winning the game against us and last week down 21 at half to John's superior brother
    if you break down any teams advantageous spots, plays, or calls in a season than nobody should win the Lombardi. Theres a ton of skill and knowledge that goes into being in contention, theres a good bit of luck in actually winning it all.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    if you break down any teams advantageous spots, plays, or calls in a season than nobody should win the Lombardi. Theres a ton of skill and knowledge that goes into being in contention, theres a good bit of luck in actually winning it all.
    I understand luck goes into it, but you were missing my point. We have been riding a slippery slope for years now even to get into the playoffs. They truly need to address these issues if they want to consistently not have to fight until the last weekend. The reason the ravens odds are always so low to start the season is because they have difficulty getting a top 2 seed. How many times has Harbaugh done that? That is what you should be expecting from your highly paid coach and 100 mill QB. Look at the statistics of those top two seeds advancing to the Superbowl. they are dramatically different from the top to seeds advancing to the championship game compared to any other major sport. And to do that, you can't just be fighting for a spot, you need to be fighting for homefield

Yeah...we were just lucky to make the playoffs and win in the playoffs...5 freaking years in a row.

Good grief...
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Kudos.
    Absolutely. Funny stuff.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Nice work! Those are some classic threads. There was actually a post on one of them (I think by Dirt1) calling for the Ravens to reshuffle the O line and get McKinnie back in there and get Reid and Bobbie Williams out. That's exactly what they did and the rest was history!!

I understand luck goes into it, but you were missing my point. We have been riding a slippery slope for years now even to get into the playoffs. They truly need to address these issues if they want to consistently not have to fight until the last weekend. The reason the ravens odds are always so low to start the season is because they have difficulty getting a top 2 seed. How many times has Harbaugh done that? That is what you should be expecting from your highly paid coach and 100 mill QB. Look at the statistics of those top two seeds advancing to the Superbowl. they are dramatically different from the top to seeds advancing to the championship game compared to any other major sport. And to do that, you can't just be fighting for a spot, you need to be fighting for homefield
    You funny

Blog Entries

Trading Joe for Cousins is crazy but I remember at the time wishing the Ravens had drafted Cousins or some other mid round QB prospect. I didn't like the idea of Joe having all the leverage in contract talks. We knew he wanted more than the Ravens were offering and before that Super Bowl it was questionable as to whether they were going to pay him. If Joe had walked the Ravens had no options on the team.

This year I was also hoping for a mid round QB but for different reasons. It would be nice to upgrade that backup QB spot. Brady and Manning didn't miss games either until they were out for seasons. Injuries can happen at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

Perspective.
    Seriously, that is how to make a point.