Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yes, Joe had a stinker of a game today. So what?

It should be pointed out first and foremost that the loss shouldn't rest solely on Joe, or anybody else. But I'm not going to blame the OL or the receivers for his own subpar performance. It was just not a very good game on his part.

But, honestly, so what? Joe had a stinker today. So did Andrew Luck. So did Aaron Rodgers last week. What sucks for us is that Joe's stinker came close to the worse time (but not the worst time), whereas Indy and the Packers already have the playoffs locked up so those fans can look past those easier.

I still believe this team can win next week, and with the right help, we'll be in. We may not be a Super Bowl team, but I still believe this can be a playoff team. So all of you whining and moaning, please do us a favor and man up while we're still in this shit.

Re: Yes, Joe had a stinker of a game today. So what?

Believe the great Luck had one also. Shit happens, next game please. Hope Flacco is alright, guess the coaches didn't believe that Watt was that much of a game changer.

Amen. I hope Joe is chilling in a tub now. Gonna be mighty sore tomorrow!

Well this was an important game, almost a playoff game in terms of the impact on the season.

The same could be said for Joe's Super Bowl run. So he had 4 good games in a row, so what? Not all games are created equal. Coming up big in the most important games is what you look for in a QB.

Blog Entries

It was Joe's first truly bad game of the season, in my opinion. He just picked the worst possible time for it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

he didnt play well but was beaten to a pulp. even when he did get passes off he was picking himself off the ground after. Im not sure why the staff felt like ignoring Watt, like it wasnt happening.

though I think the biggest issue was an entire lack of a run game. Forsett has not looked good the past few weeks. against bad teams/defences we were able to still pass and win. against a good defense we got completely owned. That game reminded me a lot of last year. OL sucked so bad we couldnt run the ball. Once we couldnt run we led joe to the wolves and let them pin their ears back and hunt the rest of the way. It was an atocious game, which Flacco was certainly part of, but Im not hanging that one on him when it was so clear the OL was awful from the first snap.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

We don't have the receiving talent to overcome a struggling run game and OL.

8. Re: Yes, Joe had a stinker of a game today. So what?

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    :word

Which is why I don't blame Joe as much as some for his performance as he got no help from any other offensive unit or our coaches. Just left to twist in the wind (or more accurately the grasp of the Texans D)
    But I still didn't like seeing Joe essentially quit trying to make proper throws, not stepping into his throws to avoid getting hit and maybe hurt, even when no one was in his face. Throwing across his body while flatfooted led to one INT.
    The other 2 INTs were on the o-line for allowing penetration by their pass rushers who then batted the ball up in the air, while the other occurred when Torrey fell down because he can't make a right turn sometimes.

I think it's pretty obvious what went wrong in this game, and I'm shocked that no one noticed.

The coaching staff was clearly confused by Obama's recent comments, and accidentally brought James Franco to Houston instead of Joe Flacco.

EDIT: word has it that somewhere in Hollywood, everyone's shocked at how bad an actor Franco suddenly became.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    he didnt play well but was beaten to a pulp. even when he did get passes off he was picking himself off the ground after. Im not sure why the staff felt like ignoring Watt, like it wasnt happening.

though I think the biggest issue was an entire lack of a run game. Forsett has not looked good the past few weeks. against bad teams/defences we were able to still pass and win. against a good defense we got completely owned. That game reminded me a lot of last year. OL sucked so bad we couldnt run the ball. Once we couldnt run we led joe to the wolves and let them pin their ears back and hunt the rest of the way. It was an atocious game, which Flacco was certainly part of, but Im not hanging that one on him when it was so clear the OL was awful from the first snap.
    And the coaching staff needs to get blame first and foremost. As you said, why in the world were we treating J.J. Watt like he was just any old DL? No chip blocking. No dedicated double-teams. They ran the ball right at him and seemed surprised that he blew the play up--as if the coaching staff watched no tape at all. And this is with Kubiak on staff!

They ran 1 screen before garbage time. How in the world does our coaching staff not understand how to beat blitzes? The Texans were sending 5 and 6 guys EVERY SINGLE PLAY. And we kept stubbornly dropping Joe deep into the pocket and just hoping that things would be different.

Sure, pretty much every player on the offensive side of the ball shit the bed yesterday. But the worst indictment of coaching comes when there is NO conceivable situation where the players could have executed the game plan as called to success. I don't care if Peyton Manning was in there at QB--it wouldn't have mattered yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    This is just the plain truth of the matter.

Blog Entries

It's the same WR they've had all season. That didn't change yesterday.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!