Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Houston Has Outcoached and Outplayed the Ravens Today

I took a hiatus from the board for the last several weeks for a variety of reasons, but have been watching the Ravens games. As much as I recognize that "on any given Sunday", this has to be one of the most disappointing efforts I've seen from the Ravens in years.

The defense is trying, but whatever strategy Pees was trying to implement to get to a freaking out of work QB has been less than effective. And I know there have been injuries, bu the secondary must be worse than I thought when Keenum can eat them alive.

The offense -- there isn't enough space to document Bad Joe's throws and decisions, or the lack of a rushing game, or missed catches, or trying to block JJ Watt with a questionable blocking scheme, or...

The special teams? I have to wonder of Koch is injured. It seems to look like he's kinda changed the way he punts, and I wonder if he's injured or something.

I also read one of Tony's 24x7 pieces this past week about the call-in show calls and posting complaints about why this play wasn't run, or that coach called for whatever. But I seriously have to ask, how can this team come out, for the 2nd bloddy week in a row, and play so listlessly for the first half, knowing that their playoff opportunities have very little wiggle room? Did the coaches not prep these guys, or are the players to blame for not showing at least a modicum of intensity at the start, or are the Texans just that much better than the Ravens, and my hopes for a Ravens post-season appearance this year was just a wet dream?

Sorry for my pissing and moaning, and no fair weather fan here, but watching this game today was beyond painful.

Blog Entries

Re: Houston Has Outcoached and Outplayed the Ravens Today

Here's an explanation for you. They're soft. And stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    The defense is trying, but whatever strategy Pees was trying to implement to get to a freaking out of work QB has been less than effective. And I know there have been injuries, bu the secondary must be worse than I thought when Keenum can eat them alive.

Sorry for my pissing and moaning, and no fair weather fan here, but watching this game today was beyond painful.
    Let's be clear ... today's debacle is on the Head Coach, Off Coordinator, and Offense.

The Defense actually played well .. certainly well enough to win.

Agreed, the Harbaugh lead Ravens have been soft. They got really lucky during the Superbowl run but the same problems show up year after year.

Blog Entries

This is not on Dean Pees in any way shape or form. I thought the D played well. But regardless oh who Houston's QB is is you can't go 3 and out the entire first half with 2 ints.

I'm no fan of Pees but his unit played more than well enough to win. This is on the offense.

Cannot continue to put the D defending terrible field position and expect to win. I am usually a Joe apologist, but he played like hot garbage today. Another Houston debacle and we are out of the playoffs. Not sure if Kubiak gets a HC job in the offseason after the last 2 games.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Rosda-
    I think I'd agree, the offense was a big fail today. And obviously, the defense had to be gassed as the clock wore on - looks like the Texans had the ball almost 10 minutes more than the Ravens. But my thinking is more along the line of why the defense couldn't get to Keenum and disrupt his play more effectively.

bp-
    Agreed.

Blog Entries

Giving them the ball in the red zone 3 times is all but impossible to overcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

At one point the Texans had 30 minutes of TOP to the Ravens 15 minutes. And at no point was the game completely out of reach. I'd say for the first time in months, I don't blame the defense at all. They did what was expected of them. For the first half of the game, they played very well.

The offense lost this game.

The Texans were winning one on one match ups, they have good players too.

Blog Entries

No Ray Lewis = No Heart, no passion.

Corey, again, I really don't disagree with the position that the defense did pretty well for most of the game. The offense really set them up to fail by being almost completely inept today. And the D deserves a lot of credit for limiting the Texans to so many FGs instead of TDs. I just wonder how a guy who was duck hunting or whatever last week can come in on a few days notice and grasp the Houston offense well enough to pick apart the Ravens secondary. Apparently they are "that bad".