Niners Release Ray McDonald

Just saw the crawl on ESPN ....

Wow. They're not playing around.

Re: Niners Release Ray McDonald

He just beat a DV case and is now being investigated for sexual assault. That's a pattern of highly questionable behavior from McDonald so it's no surprise that the Niners cut ties this quickly. The fact that they're out of the playoffs doesn't hurt either.

If they're trying to send a message, they just sent the wrong one. Because the one I heard is, "No matter how good a player is, and no matter how much he may help us, we will not tolerate that type of off-the-field behavior on our team (once we have been eliminated from playoff contention.)"

Granted the latest incident just happened yesterday, so I'd like to hope that is the reason for the timing. But the skeptic in me wonders if they would be so hard-assed if they were 10-4 right now.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    If they're trying to send a message, they just sent the wrong one. Because the one I heard is, "No matter how good a player is, and no matter how much he may help us, we will not tolerate that type of off-the-field behavior on our team (once we have been eliminated from playoff contention.)"

Granted the latest incident just happened yesterday, so I'd like to hope that is the reason for the timing. But the skeptic in me wonders if they would be so hard-assed if they were 10-4 right now.
    This! McDonald has had numerous off-the-field issues, including a DWI; he's a total knucklehead, more so than Rice ever was. Now that Jimmy's crew is out of contention, they "suddenly" do the "right" thing. Give me a break.

Blog Entries

I wonder the same thing. On another note - what kind of idiot is he that would allow himself to be involved in a sexual assault after beating a DV charge? He must be a special kind of stupid. What an ass.

Could be Balke having the balls to make a decision without Jim Harbaugh agreeing to it. It's been rumored those 2 guys have been butting heads. Harbaugh was the one in my opinion keeping McDonald on the team this year.

Who got it better then the 9ers, teams going to post season, that's who. LOL
    Last edited by lovefootball; 12-17-2014 at 08:27 PM.

Blog Entries

Hot, I think you hit this nail square on the head. IMO, my guess is "NO" the 49er would not have released him if they were 10 - 4. Perhaps they would give him a reprimand and a fine at most... Bc

Is he going to file a wrongful termination suit as well?