Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

"Bailing-gate"--who gets the blame?

I wish Gary Kubiak happiness in his "dream job." (Except as it concerns the fortunes of the Ravens. Then, I wish him confusion.)

I think most Ravens fans would have been far less concerned (& certainly far less angry) had the Ravens not released a statement from him that he was staying with the team the same day that "dream job" opened up--thus creating another PR nightmare.

My question is: Who's responsible for that? Not just for the statement but the timing of its release?

I'm not quibbling over whether those were Kubiak's exact words; I will stipulate that whatever he told someone in the Ravens organization was essentially the same. I will even stipulate that if the statement was wordsmithed, he had an opportunity to read & OK it before it went out.

Who would have been in a rush to make that statement public when there were hints circulating that if Denver lost that day, John Fox would be canned as HC?

My prime suspect is the Ravens' Chief Flack & Ball-Washer, Kevin Byrne. Who had already shown (in the course of the Rice-a-Runaround) a disturbing tendency to "shoot from the lip" without considering the readily-forseeable implications.

Anyone else want to chime in here?
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Re: "Bailing-gate"--who gets the blame?

It's not a big deal IMHO, but there have been quite a few bizarre PR gaffes by the team this year...obviously most during the entirety of the Ray Rice fiasco.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Id agree this wasnt a big deal. not remotely.

the Rice Fiasco was a much bigger deal. from the tweets to the articles about liking the guy despite it.

I think all of those go directly back the Byrne. I dont have any ill will towards the guy. i think the rice situation was eye opening. No need to stand up for a player for doing wrong, not matter personal feelings toward the guy.
    -JAB

Doesn't rise to the level of assigning blame. Not by a long shot.

IMO, it's time for people to move on from this issue. It's done and has been discussed ad nauseam over the past few days. Release the hate and save it for something more worthy.

Come on. Kubiak made his declaration before the Denver job became available. No one is to blame here.

Blog Entries

this issue is a non-issue, its no different for many of us who work who are content with where we are and wouldn't unless the absolutely perfect job became available...let it go already.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Doesn't rise to the level of assigning blame. Not by a long shot.
    If I'm managing the Ravens PR department I'm asking questions. It's not the end of the world of course, but it was a significant PR gaffe from both Ravens PR and Kubiak.
    Last edited by ERey; 01-20-2015 at 04:06 PM.

Justin Forsett has already stated how much he would enjoy coming back to the team next year. He also stated how much he appreciated the fans.

It will be sad if he signs with a different team and many on here start spewing their hatred towards him.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    If I'm managing the Ravens PR department I'm asking questions. It's not the end of the world of course, but it was a significant PR gaffe from both Ravens PR and Kubiak. But if you don't give a shit about giving fans misinformation then there's that also.
    It wasn't misinformation when it was released. Things change.

The PR/Social Media department needs a training camp of their own. Let's not forget when they poked fun at The Heat for their small victory parade when it ended up being about twice the size of ours.

As for the statement? Just a bad case of poor timing is all.

Kubiak? He's some guy who coaches another AFC team. Other than we want to beat his team, who cares?